Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
HolidayInn.com
Travelodge Bromsgrove(Bromsgrove)(Great Value!)
US$47
Travelodge
Travelodge Bromsgrove Marlbrook(Bromsgrove)(Great Value!)
US$43
Grafton Manor(Bromsgrove)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,369 results
All reviewstwo double bedscadbury worldroom was largerestaurant stafftoby carveryfamily roomleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomevening mealbreakfast was excellentstayed here for one nightbirminghammotorwaymidlands
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I spent two separate weeks here and both times I encountered a variety of minor issues. Other reviewers have highlighted the long list of surcharges. As I was on expenses it would be churlish to complain of this, but I am surprised the clientele tolerate it on the whole. The first time I arrived (in September!) my room was cold. I have a tolerance of cold so it must have been bad! To heat the large room there was one small wall heater from 1982 or some such. Other cons: an iron with exposed wiring, a sink where the plug could not be engaged, no bath mat provided, rubbish from other rooms left in my room, the list goes on. Pros: the pool is not bad; breakfast is better than average, the staff are professional and friendly and the nearby Royal Oak restaurant is good.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
GuestRelationsBH, Guest Relations Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write an overall positive review of our hotel . As a company we are always delighted to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and have checked-out happy. I will however pass the minor issues you mention over to the hotel directly so then can look into these. I look forward to welcoming you back to Bromsgrove Hotel in the future. For the best available deals please call our sales centre on 0871 221 0121.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Working recently in Bromsgrove the Hotel and Spa is a large and comfortable venue in Birmingham suburbia.

Clean, and comfortable with a decent restaurant it’s a perfectly suitable place to spend time

Polite and courteous staff, could do a lot worse

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jeremy_hartigan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to read that our hotel was to your liking, especially you room and hotel facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back to Bromsgrove Hotel in the future. For the best available deals please call our sales centre on 0871 221 0121.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I was unfortunate enough to stay at this hotel twice In Nov 2017. Both trips were plagued by problems. The 1st trip I was overcharged and then when they supposedly sorted the bill out they later charged me a further two times on my credit card without me knowing.
The staff and management are unhelpful and if you try to sort out any problems they charge you 13p per minute over and above your telephone call rate.
They also charge you £5 per night for parking, this hotel is not in a town or city centre!
Whilst slow internet is available free in the lobby area in the rooms it is charged at £7 per night
The rooms are dark and general rundown. They are of a fair size, but poorly laid out with niggling Faults, TV dd not work on first stay, no socket near the bed for phone charger etc.
It is hard to get into the bathroom of the en-suite as it is so badly laid out. Horrible shower curtain over narrow bath makes showering a very unpleasant experiance

Staff are disinterested or badly trained or both. The management cannot sort anything out so are worse than useless.
Breakfast is ok, although the glass provided for juice is so small it would not quench the thirst of a hamster.
I hope I never have to stay in this hotel again

Room Tip: Try another Hotel
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
GuestRelationsBH, Guest Relations Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Bromsgrove Hotel. I am sorry to read that you had concerns with your recent visits, especially in regards to your hotel room. If I could please ask you to contact our Customer Services Team (customerservices757@britanniahotels.com) with your concerns in order for them to fully investigate and appropriately action the above issues you have raised. Please also include your reservation details as this will help with the investigation process. Once investigated our team will contact you directly with a formal response.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

£ 5 for parking
£ 10 for gym
£ 7 for wi fi
£ 5 extra for room service
Basic room.
Woken up at 2 am by lads. Fire door slams evertime some one goes through it waking me up on numerous occasions.. Never again . Don't be fooled by spa in the title

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised after reading some of the reviews! Our room was spacious clean and pleasant. Foyer area & bar tasteful & cosy/elegant. Some of the chairs in the bar area looked a bit worn but nothing that can't be fixed. Buffet breakfast was plentiful & reasonable choice. Did not have greasy bacon as one reviewer put! My breakfast was fine. One very slight criticism is there was no mat to step out of shower onto. Hotel may want to consider a bit of a refurb of bathroom.
But it was still acceptable. Just amazed how some people slagged the place off. Totally uncalled for and wrong. What do they want for the money.(very reasonble)
You may find better if you want to pay two or three times the price!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple