“Warm welcome on a wet evening”
Review of La Taverne Royale

La Taverne Royale
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2017

We arrived to an empty restaurant which then filled up quite quickly. Our waiter was very helpful and service was excellant. My husband had the more expensive of the set menu, delicious fish soup and duck. I had the Welsh which I wasnt sure quite what it was but it was Welsh rarebit mixture in a dish with fries,real comfort food but not if you are on a diet. I had a salad to accompany. My husband was able to choose cafe gourmand as dessert which was not part of set menu. I couldnt eat another thing though

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

It is some 10 years since we last ate here. It has been refurbished but it has still kept that French charm. The menu is not very extensive but the food was excellent and reasonably priced. The staff were first class and attentive. Well worth a try.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Very attractive restaurant, but the food on a cold bright Sunday lunchtime was less heart warming than anticipated. Maybe the mistake was going for the least expensive formule, but the soupe de poisson and onion soup were surprisingly just broths and the chicken vol au vent was heavy with sauce and chicken pieces lacking in taste.

Friendly staff, and maybe my experience should be put down to making the wrong choice of menu. Others were eating Moules and frites, which looked like the right choice

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Excellent restaurant. Atmosphere relaxed, the staff and quality of food was superb!
Our first time dining here - previously we could not get a table inside or out.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We enjoyed a delicious evening meal. The waiting staff were very attentive. The food was excellent. We were so impressed that we returned the following evening.