There is much to recommend about this hotel. The transfer from the airport with local treats and water is welcoming and relaxing as is the very personal check in with soft drinks and local fruits in the check in lounge. The whole place is impeccably clean and beautifully appointed. We were on holiday with our 11 year old and had interconnecting rooms. The rooms are spacious with lots of storage and day beds on the balcony.
The main pool has lots of beds and umbrellas and towels and cold water are provided as soon as you appear and help is there all day to reposition umbrellas for much needed shade.
My child never goes to kids club but was persuaded to join water polo and after that enjoyed many activities provided by the excellent staff. They were friendly and caring and I cannot praise them enough.
The golf offer is excellent with a golf lounge and lockers and helpful staff to advise, book and transfer you to the courses.
Breakfast is perfect, great selection and never felt crowded or rushed. Bliss.
EMO restaurant is worth a visit, the food and wine are excellent and if you like seafood and fish RIA is a relaxed restaurant by the pool. im very happy to say there is a large choice on the kids menu throughout the hotel.
However the poolside drinks and food service could be better. Our order was messed up several times over the week and there doesn't appear to be clear management of the team to ensure the same mistakes aren't repeated. They are very nice people working here but for these kind of prices the service needs to be top notch.
Similarly the shuttle service to the Marina needs to be worked on. The shuttle is ordered from the desk as you need it and drops off in the Marina at the Tivoli. This works well but the return can be stressful. The Tivoli orders the shuttle when you want to return taking your room number but when the bus turns up there is no record of who has been waiting the longest and if other guests turn up just as the bus pulls in they can jump in and you're left waiting at least another half hour. If the shuttle driver knew which room numbers they were picking up this wouldn't happen. Having the shuttle is a big selling point for the hotel but as it gets busier this is going to become a big issue if the process isn't sorted.
In summary it's a lovely hotel with some teething problems. We had a great week but it could have so easily been amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal