US$202
Four Seasons Vilamoura(Vilamoura)
US$426
US$360
Cancelon
All reviewsself cateringsuperior apartmentair conthe main blockcactus barlovely strollchez carlostourist trainfree busreception staffminute walkhalf boardfridge freezerthese apartmentsa la carte menuwell equipped kitchentwo single beds
Reviewed 31 May 2016

It's the best price - quality relation that I've got in Vilamoura. The staff is very kind and helpfull, the room was very clean and had a very good sound isolation, we could really rest during day or night. The pools are very good, clean and really not crowded, even with the full occupation of the stablishment in the weekend. 5 stars

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

The staff were very helpful and friendly especially Bruno and Maria. It's approx 30 min walk at nice pace along well lit path to marina. I'd recommend upgrading to accommodation with air con! My only criticism is that people were allowed to smoke in the overflow dining area, it was very disappointing as my daughter was having to breath in smoke with breakfast!! The hotel should stop this at meal times as any smoker, should it be stopped, would just go outside as in the U.K. The complex has a great Indian kitchen restaurant and nice cafe, in pe da lago buildings. The buffet breakfast was excellent, for the money we paid this is very worth the £

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank leleyderby
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Nice clean hotel going back next week for a 2week holiday text or phone and if I can help you with anything I will 07562014311.☺I was here 3weeks ago it was a bit iffy with the weather 20min walk 2 the marine 5€ in the taxi not much going on near the hotel much busier down at the marina.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank patmcmahonwork
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Do not go to this resort . There was a mistake in the booking by the booking agent meaning we were downgraded and no way was the guy at reception interrested in rectefieing this even though I had voucher in my hand stating I had booked a superior room. They say it is nonsmoking hotel but room stank of smoke.after one hour and a lot of stress I was finally given another room. No better than the first. I booked mourabel but was put in oasis village no way as nice. Bar is depressing and dark smoke everywhere. Don't know about food would not trust eating there.

Room Tip: Sofas double up as beds. Ps mourabel hope you read this review you will know who I am
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
5  Thank titchedfinburgh
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Let's get my gripes over with at the beginning:
1. 4pm check in - ridiculous and leaves people waiting around for hours with only a toilet in reception to change clothes in.
2. Pool Cleanliness - I was here for 3 weeks and only saw the pool filters turned on once. Yes the pool is scooped clear of bugs and bits daily but having had an ear infection which caused vertigo for 6 weeks I am hot on he tail of this one. Filters need to be on constantly as the bottom third of a pool is where infections collect. Please sort this management.
3. Thin walls - you can hear people especially when they're noisy and their kitchens back onto your bedroom. One family woke us up at 6pm, clearly packing to go home as he was slamming cupboards and asking his wife if she wanted to take home the teabags. It's not ridiculously noisy but at times especially the quiet of the morning it can get to you.
NOW the good bitsof which there are many.
1. Reception staff - exceedingly helpful and kind and listen to your needs without waving you off.
2. Bar - All brilliant staff here who take pride in their work. The drinks are really cheap as well, a pint of Cider or Lager is only €2.50 and a litre jug of Sangria only €12.50 and it's very strong with different vodkas and liquor put in it. We didn't make it out of the resort one night as we were severely knocked sideways by this concoction. The amount of smokers did put us off at times as you just started to relax and we're instantly surrounded by a haze of cigarette smoke.
3. Rooms - so well equipped you could actually live out here in one of these apartments. The kitchens have everything such as full size cooker, electric 4 ring hob, plenty of saucepans normal fridge freezer, utensils, cutlery and plates etc for 6, kettle, toaster and even an electric juicer for when you buy a sack of oranges from the roadside for €2. We had a 1 bed superior as wanted to overlook the pool and get a view of the sea (room 51 3rd floor) and comes with air conditioning and a TV set which gets the football and sky news. Lovely front room with 2 bed sofas and table and chairs. Separate bathroom and a bedroom with twin beds (another no the gripe as the beds have a plastic sheet under the Base sheet which sweats you and makes you feel like your sleeping in a crisp packet but easily removed) . The mattresses are really comfy. Built in wardrobes with about 10 new coat hangers so could do with a few more but there are also drawers as well. Beautiful balcony with such a good view of the sea we ate in a lot of the time as the sun didn't set until 2030 so chilled out with a bottle of wine from the fridge.
Shop - lovely well stocked spar on site with bread and beers and wine, milk etc. As cheap as the local lidl down in quarteira. While I'm on the subject I really love the wines in portugal and never really touched them before so was really pleased at the quality and the price. Our favourite white was €1.59 a bottle the red €1.95 and the Rose exceptional when chilled €2.49. Indeed the food and drink make eating in a pleasure. Visit the lidl in quarteira and get a fab bottle of port for €3.85 and they do chest freezers full of meats and fish and varying sizes if prawns right upto forearm sized and so cheap.
Entertainment - usually something on every night and whilst not always to our tastes such as the Korean elvis impersonator, there is a good selection of ages in the bar who are really talkative and I've never met and talked to so many people before. The smoking area does meander into the non smoking area at times and for some ridiculous reason people with electronic cigs seem to think they can churn out chemicals right next to you aarrgghh.
4. Marina - Brilliant walk exactly 1.6 miles into he marina by the most attractive walkway I've ever seen. Once you get to the end of the road the hotel is on take a right and then you go straight into he middle of a lightly used 2 Lane dual carriageway. Down the centre of this is a lovely walkway full of exercise stations and plants an absolute delight. If you want to take your trainers you can join in with groups working out in the morning ing and evening but I was too busy walking off the sangria. Once you get to burger king you turn right and your nearly in the marina. It will take you 30 minutes and is also a lovely way to walk off your food/alcohol intake at he end of the evening.
5. Beach - when you get to he dual carriageway cross over to the other side and keep heading down the path till you come to a very wide road without a path keep going and you get to Praia de falaseai which is a fantastic beach especially for kids very shallow and very fine sand. Sunbeds cost €10 for two all day but we took our towels instead as there's more of a breeze towards the waters edge. Again the beach is exactly 1.5 miles and will take a 30 minute walk. If you've got a car it's very easy to get to and there's a free car park next to the pay one so don't pay. We used to drive back and have lunch some days to keep the costs down but here are some lovely restaurants down there. Gomes da praia for instance does tuna sandwiches for €6.50 and Mateus rose for €16.
6. All Inclusive - another gripe which caught lots of people out. YOU DON'T GET TOWELS so bring your own. We did eat here and Anna in the restaurant is a laugh but the food is a bit repetitive and there's not much choice every evening. There is an a la carte menu but it's not available to all inclusive but looked good.
Pool - sunbeds are a little aged but good enough but the pool area is much hotter than the beach so I will warn you and the pool water is cold and needs filtering but I won't harp on about that.
7. Places to visit - Silves if you've got a car is worth the 45-1 hrs drive with a castle and nice cathedral, lovely to stop and have a meal. Loule is closer only 15 min away and has an even better historical centre which is nice to wander around with lots of craft stalls and also has a castle and if you go on Saturday there is a gypsy market which was a bit poor. There is also a covered market which spills out into the surrounding areas. You can buy your t bone steaks cut however you like them, cheeses, wine , fruit..etc simply brilliant and cheap. We stocked up for the week here as had a car, but they also do bus trips here. Quarteira Wednesday market near lidl about 4.5km from mourabel this is where you can get knock off handbags and watches. I bought two waterproof watches for €15 each and I went swimming in the sea and still working after 3 weeks.
Enjoy your holiday here...I would come back

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple