Lowest prices for your stay
US$100
Free cancellation until 24/04/21
eDreamsUS$50
Booking.comUS$50
Agoda.comUS$100
All reviews the owner kashmir trip heaven on earth cozy room one night excellent stay his team special thanks hotel staff beautiful location amazing views snow clad mountains hot water irfan hospitality heater valley
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2019 via mobile

Stayed with family we booked 2 rooms.. we ordered soup and snacks which was cold..unprofessional staff in restaurant, if you want something they shows directions..take it from there.. Is the hospitality.. morning room toilet is not work properly and I requested to check and person took half n hour to sort out the problem.. bathroom was dirty with no basic kit.. glasses kept dirty in rooms..today when I came today for breakfast the same person serve breakfast which was came to room to check toilet..no option for breakfast menu only Upma and paratha..when old aged. Mother ask for tea in restaurant the. Person shows the direction for tea.. disgusting hospitality..never recommended to anyone..unprofessional staff except one at reception..

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank somendra123
Reviewed 4 July 2019

I got to experience first hand the Kashmiri hospitality that we all have heard of. Great property (newly built) with an amazing view of the valley and mountains. Walking distance to the main market and away from all the noise. Arshid and his father Farooq uncle (owner) made me feel at home and were very helpful during my stay while I was there for the Amarnath Yatra. They have heated beds which is always a luxury whether in winter or summer :)

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2019

We visited the hotel on our Leh Ladakh trip. It was raining that day and we were lucky to have a stay in Hotel Akbar. Staff was very cooperative. Rooms were so cozy and even you get heating mattress. They provide complete package along with food. Believe me food was delicious and even you get both options veg and non-veg in buffet. The Manager is so friendly that he is still in my contact and by now whenever I will visit Sonmarg I will go no where else than HOTEL AKBAR.

Thanks for your hospitality.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

Great food. Great rooms. Great hospitality.
Awesome location. The wifi was down a bit at times but thats not what we go there for right? Great ambience clean fresh food eat to your hearts content! Totally recommended!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2019 via mobile

We been there on our way from Shrinagar to Leh, the hotel is located at the heart of beautiful Sonmarg, surrounded by snow mountains, greenary and a river flowing in the backyard. Food is excellent, rooms are comfortable and food was good, all in all very comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: May 2019