Crayfish Creek Van and Cabin Park and Spa House
Wellers Inn(Burnie)
  • Room Service
Ikon Hotel(Burnie)
View Hotel
All reviewspowered sitenice ownerssurrounded by treescamp groundcaravan parkfelt privatebeautiful bushgreat spottwo night staybasic campingplaygroundtreehousestanleyvansshowerbushyamenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My partner and I spent one night here while passing through the area. The camp ground felt really unique with several garden like sites for vans and small lodges. It almost had a fairy tale feel to it! We spent the afternoon walking on trails along the creek, we were unlucky with the weather but I bet it would be amazing during summer!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Older style basic camping and cabin accommodation. Playground is circa 1960 but there is a private beach on the banks of a river that is far more interesting for the kids. If you have a good camping setup as we do, it wouldn't be worth paying more for the cabins. We had a comfortable two-night stay that we used to explore the Arthur River Forest Loop and Stanley/The Nut. Night time walks allow you to see some wildlife about the park too. Given the older, simplistic nature of the family cabins (think curtain for door from main living space into the main bedroom area) I'd have been content if this had been under $100 a night. Park has old Caravans dotted around the site which give is a run down look to the place. We paid $170/night which I think was probably too much - $70-$90 a night would be about right.

Room Tip: The treehouse cabin looked intersting from the outside! Some really nice powered spots for camping/campers.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We had a 3 night stay at this wonderful 'bush setting' caravan park, March long weekend. I chose here because it seemed central to the places I wanted to visit/see, and was not disappointed.

Friendly management, that I am sure are very helpful (certainly were on the phone when I booked!), but we simply didn't need anything, to find out!

We thought photos of the river looked awesome so asked for a nearby powered site & were given 'Creek 4.' Location was fantastic - but all the sites are great. Even if not right on the creek/river, you're still not far from it. Whilst our site was absolutely fine - it was grey dirt with very little grass. Certainly not something worth complaining about - but if I visit again, I'd forego my creekside site for a bit of grass. (We had to set up tents & camper trailer again when we got home, to wash it all down).

For the entire park, there are only two female showers. One operates on 20c pieces & the other $1 coins. Showering myself & 2 kids with impatient people lined up outside, I found very stressful (Should've ignored them, but rushing to be as quick as could be & ended up dropping pjs on the dirty wet floor lol), so we just used our Hot Water on Demand to shower on our site after that. It really wasn't a drama, but if you're aware of the limited facilities you can go prepared and/or plan a shower at a quiet time.

Kids had a blast playing on the playground, riding bikes around, and swimming, fishing & kayaking in the river.

I wish we were able to spend more time just enjoying the park instead of squeezing in so many day trip adventures elsewhere. Until we arrived, I had no idea we'd enjoy just hanging out there so much. So if you have kids - be sure to plan some time at the park just to hang, fish & explore the area.

Petrol stations are 5-10 mins back towards Burnie (which has a shop that has reasonable coffee if you missed your espressos like I did!), or at Stanley in the other direction.

It's a real shame that the park is a 4 hour drive away from us, as I'd head back there next warm weather long weekend/school hols for sure.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bec N
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Five of us stayed in two separate cabins last weekend. To our disgust the cabins were filthy and needed a good clean. The cutlery holder was dirty with left over crumbs or SOMETHING was through the cutlery. In the cabin I was in my friend and I washed up what we needed and kept separate from inside the cupboards. We then proceeded to open the microwave to use and that wasn't even clean with platters all through it. The fridge was also filthy and needed a good clean.

In the shower there was soap scum on the walls (which were lined with lino??) Friends in the other cabin found very similar dirtiness in their surrounds and their shower base was slimy and soap scum on the walls of their lino surrounded shower.

None of us have seen anything like this before. We are all disgusted with these cabins and will never stay there again.

This park needs to clean up their act or it won't exist. I KNOW what is expected in hospitality as I am employed in this industry. Having 28+ years experience and doing exactly what this property needs to do as far as "CLEANING" UP THEIR ACT for guests.

The only good thing that happened here was the owner did help one of our friends with her car as the key was bent in the ignition and straightened it for her. Other than that have nothing good to say about this place.

We will never return.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Great location between Rocky Cape National Park and Stanley. Has lovely camp sites next to river and good looking cabins. Fun place for kids to ride bikes and play in the beautiful estuary. Would be good for extended family to join too or friends. Nice owners.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family