“Lovely afternoon tea for special occasion”

The Manor Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Had a lovely afternoon tea for my mum’s birthday. The service was attentive and polite and Champneys have done wonders with updating Eastwell Manor. The portions are extremely generous but that’s a good thing as we could take uneaten cakes home in a box. Would return for another special occasion.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Oh my goodness, what a pure treat. delicious scones, sandwiches and cakes, all by an open log fire on a winters afternoon. such lovely surroundings and friendly staff, it really is a must for anyone looking for a bit of indulgence x

1  Thank Carrie N
Reviewed 30 January 2018

The decor in the restaurant does not feel completely right in an ancient manor house but it is comfortable. The food is very good and well-presented.My wife was absolutely delighted with the cheese soufflé and the rabbit. The second night we had fresh lobster which was delicious.The staff are friendly but the restaurant could do with a sommelier to advise about the wines which are slightly overpriced.My wife thought the meals were some of the best she had tasted in a long time and not something she could have done at home.She was beaming with delight the meals.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I celebrated my birthday with my parents here last week. The food was delicious although the menu only had 3 options for each course which was disappointing. The service was brilliant and the food arrived in good time. We felt it was a little overpriced (2 plates for £25) so we stuck to water instead of soft drinks or wine. We were in a rush to leave as I needed to catch a train and annoyingly we had to pay at reception where there was a short queue with all of the guests in front of us having long questions. All in all though, the meal was beautifully presented, prepared and it all tasted lovely. If you have a special occasion ahead of you and can afford splashing the cash then this is for you.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Simply appalling. Highlight were the mini snowmen we could make out of the bread dough. Nice staff though.

1  Thank phil d