Hotel Scirocco(Baunatal)
US$88
Baunaeck(Baunatal)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Not a fancy hotel and its location is a bit far away from the most well known touristic attraction but it offers you a friendly environment. All staff is incredibly kind and the rooms, although are essential are clean and cozy. Plus the breakfast buffet is very rich of choices and the food is very good.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2016

We were here for 2 nights and had an exciting trip as we flew here to meet my husband's bone marrow donor! SUPER clean and amazing service. I was very surprised at the breakfast...it was a full out restaurant! I had to double check this was the free breakfast included with our stay as it was so nice!
Service in the restaurant was meticulous, clean, delicious crepes, excellent coffee. Out of all the hotels we stayed at on our trip to Munich, Innsbruck, and Italy this was the BEST breakfast of all hotels. I loved the area as well it is right near a grocery store and neat shopping! WOULD definitely come back and stay here when we visit our new friends in Germany!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2016

This is one of the hotels that you can hold a decent business meeting at. Rooms have all technique you need. Rooms are ok, breakfast tastes good and so does the food.
However, the food smell spills to the lobby, something that is not so nice.
Considering this is not even Kassel, it is ok.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Well located, and friendly staff. Room very good, breakfast excellent (cold dish choice outstanding by any standard), dinner menu simple and served in bar area - restaurant used for breakfast not utilised in evenings (but was used for a wedding function). Hotel is convenient to the Volkswagen plant (transmissions etc - and the second largest VW plant ) so is used extensively by visiting dealer personnel attending training courses - so mainly solo occupancy. A visiting coach party from Denmark also made an impression - none spoke German or English, so no interaction with anyone else!
Hotel is modern, clean and would stay again when visiting our friends in Ersrode. We did not have time to visit the town itself, and onl a little of the surrounding area - very scenic, being close to the Harz Mountains.

Room Tip: Take great care if using the underground parking at the hotel (3 Euros per night) - angled metal banded high curb will ruin wheels . . .
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I have stayed in this hotel in the past since 2005. I visit relatives in the area so it is a great location for me. They have a great breakfast which is included in the rate. A very helpful staff. I have no complaints for this hotel. The only complaint I have is an American I like bigger and thicker pillows which in Germany they have the thin and flat ones. Unless you stay in a more upscale hotel that is what you get.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family