“Best bet in Flam”

Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Flam
Price range: US$15 - US$64
Cuisines: Norwegian, Scandinavian, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ægir beer - world class craft beer produced in Flåm, Norway. The Ægir BrewPub is a huge attractions with architecture inspired by the Norse mythology, with exterior reminiscent of a stave church. Use your senses and discover a new world of smell and taste as you try some of our popular beers and delicious food. Our philosophy - Ægir beer in and with the food!
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Dark rustic interior. Food is decent and good selection of beer. Go upstairs for a restaurant table and escape the cruise ship mobs that seem to have overwhelmed this little village.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We visited a couple of the restaurants/cafes while in Flaam for two days and this was by far our favorite. The food was great, especially the venison burger with blueberry sauce! We ate on the second floor which was a little quieter than first floor. Service was great also. Would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The architecture of the building and knowledge that it housed a brewery lured me in - the excellent beer, service, and decor made me want to stay for a long time. I tried the Aegir IPA (according to the bartender it was recognized as the best beer in Norway for 2012) and found it to be outstanding. The decor of the building with its central fireplace, unique log chairs and tables, and decorations will make you feel like you are in the heart of Norway. While I can't vouch for the food, everything I saw looked great. When I return to Flam, this will be my first stop!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Our dinner was really good. We used to eat fish soup and reindeer meat with vegetables. Black beer rallar is very popular sort

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We ate dinner here both nights that we stayed in Flam, the food was so good. Inside, the first floor is for folks ordering from the bar only; it gets VERY loud and crowded here if there’s a large cruise ship in port, especially just before dinner time. If you want lunch or dinner, talk to the bartender and one of the staff will take you to a table upstairs, where it’s much quieter. I had the salad with salmon and shrimp the first night, and it was so good I had the salad with pulled chicken the next night (even better). We also tried the beer flight and the sour cherry rye beer. Overall this was a happy surprise for our stay in Flam.