“Upper tier food at upper tier prices. ”
Review of O Casarao - MOVED

O Casarao
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since 1984,we serve in the restaurant ‘O Casarão’ (The Big House) tradition and refinement with all the flavor. ‘O Casarão’ is a huge house, located in a small rural vilage near from Leiria, with a rustic decor and a very pleasant and professional service.We offer quality cuisine, divided into innovative cuisine linked to the sea, which has created many customers, and traditional cuisine of the region of Leiria.Our space is quite large, with several rooms and capacities up to 250 people, making it possible to host several events such as Weddings, Christenings , Corporate events or any other Party or groups.Well serve In Art, we have an experienced service going to meet all your wishes.So we await your presence ...
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

I'll start by stating right off the bat that this isn't your average restaurant and the prices reflect it. That said, the food is great quality and worth every penny. If you are comfortable with an average of at least 25€ per person then I recommend you give them a try. Nice looking; clean; kind staff and overall good impressions. Selection of dishes is a bit limited for my taste but I easily found something that I like. The food was really top notch. Respectable wine list if a bit overpriced. Would I recommend it? If you don't mind a few Euro less in your pocket, then yes. If not, I suggest you move along.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

Service was too slow, we waited a long time for the meal to come! The restaurant is very big so it should be prepared to serve quick even if it is full although it wasn't the case! The food was ok, with big portions, the snacks already on the table were also apppreciated although they are too expensive, so the meal ends too expensive. The service wasn't neither efficient nor particularly nice.

Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

Chose this restaurant because of its location, ease of parking, outside area and children area as it was a family lunch with children.
The good was a nice surprise. Very well prepared and tasty. Some dishes big enough to share.
The waiters were nice and accommodating to the children and their needs.
I would change the decor and functionality of the tables. I felt too far away of the others, which made it difficult to talk. Wooden children chairs were also not practical, with so seat belt to prevent them from climbing out - made it a little stressful.
Will come back.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

Great food, but the atmosphere was disappointing since it was a huge empty restaurant, and without any music.

The waiters were very helpful even though we did not speak any portuguese!

Review collected in partnership with Best Tables
Reviewed 21 January 2015 via mobile

Despiste the old fashion decoration, it's fantastic for family with kids, lot of toys in a specific place will keep them busy...
The entrance was delicious (bread with cheese and meet) the same for the fish rice.
The price was a little bit high but not exaggerated.