“Nice Restaurant”

O Casarao
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since 1984,we serve in the restaurant ‘O Casarão’ (The Big House) tradition and refinement with all the flavor. ‘O Casarão’ is a huge house, located in a small rural vilage near from Leiria, with a rustic decor and a very pleasant and professional service.We offer quality cuisine, divided into innovative cuisine linked to the sea, which has created many customers, and traditional cuisine of the region of Leiria.Our space is quite large, with several rooms and capacities up to 250 people, making it possible to host several events such as Weddings, Christenings , Corporate events or any other Party or groups.Well serve In Art, we have an experienced service going to meet all your wishes.So we await your presence ...
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Everything we had in this restaurant was delicious. There was a basket full of delicious cheese and walnuts. The place has a lovely garden. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

I have been here twice in the last month and on both occasions the food and service were excellent. One reviewer posted in 2012 that they thought the restaurant was on the expensive side because the meal cost €31 per person. This is how much we paid today in 2016 so their prices must be still the same.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

This is not a common restaurant. The food is very well made with traditional dishes. The decor is very rustic yet classic and the tables near the fireplace completely conquered me. Staff is very friendly. The room is ver quiet. Prices are a bit high and food is a bit spicy... I totally recommend, different and very good.

Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

I'll start by stating right off the bat that this isn't your average restaurant and the prices reflect it. That said, the food is great quality and worth every penny. If you are comfortable with an average of at least 25€ per person then I recommend you give them a try. Nice looking; clean; kind staff and overall good impressions. Selection of dishes is a bit limited for my taste but I easily found something that I like. The food was really top notch. Respectable wine list if a bit overpriced. Would I recommend it? If you don't mind a few Euro less in your pocket, then yes. If not, I suggest you move along.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

Service was too slow, we waited a long time for the meal to come! The restaurant is very big so it should be prepared to serve quick even if it is full although it wasn't the case! The food was ok, with big portions, the snacks already on the table were also apppreciated although they are too expensive, so the meal ends too expensive. The service wasn't neither efficient nor particularly nice.