14 people are viewing this hotel
eDreamsUS$286
travelup.comUS$302
FindHotelUS$305
3,910 results
All reviews sunset bar wet room pro shop half board infinity pool gran canaria breakfast and dinner driving range top floor the hotel offers spa area maspalomas beach every evening winter sun whole week lots of choice salad
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2021

Just returned from our 4th visit over the last 3 years, this hotel really is amazing, from the outstanding architecture and landscaping, it's a great escape, so much space and room to enjoy. The rooms are a fair size with really comfy beds, high ceilings make it feel much bigger, nice balconies with chairs, table and sofa. The food is varied to cater for all tastes, with sections where food is freshly cooked, meat, fish, stir fry etc. The staff always go out of their way to help with any queries, and are so friendly and helpful, we had daily spa access and that is a lovely space to unwind, look forward to going back again next year, thank you Salobre

Date of stay: September 2021
Satocan Hoteles, Atención al cliente/recepción at Salobre Hotel Resort & Serenity, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2021

Dear richt1163,

Thank you for staying with us once again and sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Salobre Hotel Resort and Serenity.

We are delighted to learn that you had a fantastic holiday with us and enjoyed all our facilities and services. Your positive comments, especially about our staff will encourage us to keep on in our continuing effort to improve our services.

We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

With warm regards,

Arturo Montenegro
Guest Relations Department Salobre Hotel Resort & Serenity*****

Reviewed 22 September 2021

We were a group of 8 male golfers, staying for 7 nights in September. We had arranged to play a number of rounds on the old course at Salobre and a couple of local courses.
On arrival at 11pm, the hotel had, without us asking, put on a small sandwich buffet for us. A really nice touch.
Depending on where your room is located within the hotel it can take a little time to get your bearings, but you soon get it. The rooms are nice and reasonably modern. Only suggestion here might be that they look to add in some USB charging points. Some of the group found that their rooms had a clear glass window from shower to the room, it was more of a funny talking point than an issue.

We all found the food to be excellent. Breakfast choices were excellent and catered for all tastes. Egg station, crepes, cold cuts, cheeses, breads, cereals, fruit etc etc.
The evening meal choices were even better. Noodle station, meat bbq area, pizzas, salads, different hot specialities on each night. The guys serving in the kitchen were fantastic at all times.
The sunset bar floor (11) is great area day sunbathing or as we used it at the end of the day for a dip, a beer and a relax. There are a number of other pool areas around the hotel. For beers and wine the hotel is actually well priced, however for spirits it is quite pricey.
The location is about 13 euro taxi to Maspolomas and takes 10 mins.

What really makes this great location stand out are the hotel staff. Reception, bar, restaurant, cleaning staff and all the guys who are part of the golf team - they are all amazing. A special mention to the golf guys who would take our sandwich order and drinks onto the course for us.

Definitely recommend and will return.

Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank GLAberdonian

Dear Mr. Scottishseve,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about us.

We are extremely pleased that you liked our pool facilities, food options , golf course and, in general, you enjoyed your stay with us very much. We especially appreciate your kind words regarding our staff; we have passed on your comments to them.

We can't wait to see you and your golfmates visiting us again.

Warm regards,

Arturo Montenegro
Guest Relations Department Salobre Hotel Resort & Serenity*****

Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

4 stars because food quality dropped
Service not as good
Few things need Updating and replacing
Pools decent

I’ve only given the hotel 4 stars for a number of reasons. This is the 2nd time I have stayed at the salobre resort first time was 3 years ago when it was run by Sheraton. Since my first visit unfortunately the quality has dropped..

It’s still a decent hotel with good facility’s the pools are great and it’s a large hotel so plenty of space

My main reason for the lower rating was a few things

1. The food quality and choice is not as good. The HB meals which is a number of food stations which you can pick items or items are cooked for you, was very hit and miss.. the chicken was chewy and a number of dishes lack flavour. A had a couple of nice deserts and the wok station was decent but I remember the first time I went I was really impressed with the food choice and quality this has dropped significantly in my opinion.

A few things in the pool area need replacing there is a number of pools on a few levels and the steps are cracked and the pool side tables are shabby
There was a different bar open this time I went which was down on the bottom floor next to the spa which was nice , there is another bar near the dinning which was closed, not sure if this was Covid related but it looked worn.. the glass was cracked along the side… (hotel has glass rails along a lot of the drops)

Service - no one was serving drinks/snacks around the pool… last day someone turned up briefly.

No details in room for services ie housekeeping… I know it’s Covid but they have 18 months needs to improve no excuses it’s listed as 5 star

Food - as above quality and variety not as good as when Sheraton.

Pool - very nice pools no complaints which then BUT towels are brought down at like 11am… what if you wanna use the pool like 9/10am which I don’t thinks is unreasonable… U would have to bring room towels.

Lack of staff again with the service - had to wait an hour to check out because the reception was too busy… at least a third of the rooms were still closed I guess due to Covid and less bookings but if they struggled to handle reception with these numbers I would wonder what happens when it’s busy…

I know a lot of negative comments but I feel I have to point them out.. it’s 5 star and was excellent the first time I attended but the drop was inadmissible for me…

Would I go back? Probably not because the hotel is fairly isolated and you would have to drive for food every day so I would just pick something else…

If the above issues were addressed then I probably would. If your just after a hotel with no food or extras then it’s a decent level just not would i would expect and want from a 5 star with HB.

You’ll need a car of you wanna get around which I had both times I went and parked on-site is fine.

The hotel offers a beach service too maspalomas beach… this is good. Unfortunately the beach house wasn’t open??? I didn’t catch the reason why? This is a pool house with changing and showers etc which is owned by the hotel and operated last time I went…

There was also an option previously to attend Amadores beach club for free with just a deposit available on arrival. Which a coach form the hotel took you to, This was not available this time around as well…

Overall but disappointing but island beaches and pools made it enjoyable

Room tip: Have a car Hb not great Good for relaxing Golf as well if you like There is a shop a mile up the road for extras like drinks etc
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank liammQ1602MT
Satocan Hoteles, Marketing at Salobre Hotel Resort & Serenity, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2021

Dear liammQ1602MT,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of Salobre Hotel Resort and Serenity.
Your opinion is very important to us and we always look for ways to better our service.

We have passed on your feedback to the corresponding departments in order to take action to better our services.

We apologize for the service not being up to your expectation.

We would be delighted to welcome you back sometime soon.

Kind regards,

Front desk

Reviewed 5 August 2021 via mobile

My friends and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for a few days. The sights are amazing, the rooms are stunning and all the staff is very friendly and professional.
I would definitely recommend spending some time at the sunset pool (especially at sunset) and at the small hidden pool on the 4th floor, you will get some breathtaking views from both.
I absolutely loved the rooms and the shower room especially. The in-room amenities were excellent as well.
Breakfast had a lot of choice and a fresh juice station where you can order your own juice from the ingredients available in addition to a crepe station, loved that!

We very much liked our stay and would definitely recommend the hotel for both families and couples/friends. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay memorable!

Room tip: Side note: on our iPhones, we couldn’t connect to the wifi but if you ask reception, they’ll give you the password for another one.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank emmalT2896QK
Satocan Hoteles, Marketing at Salobre Hotel Resort & Serenity, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2021

Dear emmaIT2896QK,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with us and Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Salobre Hotel Resort and Serenity.

We are very happy to receive this magnificent score from you, which permits us to know that you enjoyed very much your days while staying with us specially the rooms, pools areas and breakfast.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Front desk

Reviewed 23 July 2020

Our last holiday was September 2019 at this lovely hotel, had such a lovely time again,we were their in May as well. Thank you all who made our holiday once again
Have been continuing for 5 years we love it .
Every one are lovely , a lot of the staff are there that have worked for years at this stunning hotel.

We had booked for Sept this year but had to cancel it because of the coronavirus as I am shielding and didn’t want to risk it.
My husband and I are really disappointed as we were going to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary and husbands 60th birthday.
Thank you to Adam ,Desire Fleur and Elisabeth from the spa.

We will be booking as soon as we can .♥️

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Carol F
Satocan Hoteles, Director General at Salobre Hotel Resort & Serenity, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2020

Dear Carol F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and rank our hotel.
It’s always a pleasure having you both at our hotel. It’s a pity that this year’s circumstances changed due to COVID-19 and you had to cancel your stay at Salobre celebrating your anniversary and the birthday of your husband.

We really hope to see you by the end of the year or at the beginning of 2021 again at the hotel.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you as soon as possible back to the hotel.
Best regards and the best wishes for your wedding anniversary and birthday you are going to celebrate this September.

Nadine