“Terrible service ”

Ranked #183 of 759 Restaurants in Arona
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Tried to have a family breakfast here and my order came out once I was half way through my daughters came out. My partners scrambled egg on toast was still not with us by the time me and my daughter had both finished when we questioned it the waiter that could hardly speak any English did not understand what we was saying. He claimed he had brought it out..... clearly not. Ended up going to McDonald’s next door for my partners breakfast. Terrible service if ordering more than 1 meal.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We were walking along the beach front promenade when we decided to drop into here for a morning coffee and what a great find.
An authentic Spanish restaurant,the interior is amazing with cool decor and furnishings including stuffed animal heads adorning the walls,not to every ones taste but I thought it looked cool,nice tiling,a superb serving bar and a fantastic outside seating area looking out onto the beautiful beach and the Atlantic ocean beyond.
Our coffees were Superb,served steaming hot,you can tell they use quality ingredients and take great pride in what they serve,we chilled out and took in the wonderful restaurant we were in and the perfect location.
We moved on after our delicious coffees and we were so impressed with this restaurant that we returned later on in the week were we enjoyed iced cold beers sitting in the sun and at €1 a pint great value for money.
The President is easy to locate on Paseo Las Vistas in an area teeming with pubs bars and facing the beautiful beach Playa De La Vistas.
Opening hours are;
Monday to Sunday,9am till 11pm.
A great restaurant and bar and well worth checking out.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Visited last week about 4 pm for drinks. We sat inside as there were no tables in the shade left outside. We were ignored for about 10minutes with waiters rushing past not catching our eye. We then got a waiter and asked for drinks. He gestured and said he had something else to do. We then managed to get hold of another waiter who told us we should be sitting outside if we just wanted drinks but he took our order. Another 15 minutes had passed with no drinks and we got hold of a third waiter. He took our order without looking at us once and disappeared. We got our drinks about 5 minutes after that. I had ordered Cava and what I got was a glass of sweet white sparkling wine. I called the waiter over again and said it was sweet and could I please have the usual dry Cava. He was very angry and said they had no dry wine. When I said I didn’t want it he grabbed it off the table and stormed off. It took 10minutes to get someone to bring us the bill and when it arrived we had been charged for the sweet wine. Again it took ages to get someone else. He then took the bill to a woman who gave us a filthy look and walked away. Eventually the correct bill was brought.
We did not leave a tip.
This was an unpleasant experience being treated rudely and ignored. It was compounded by a series of street sellers wandering around pestering people to buy sunglasses, handbags. The staff turned a blind eye to this.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Great location, very friendly staff and very tasty food! Had lunch and a beer here just watching the world go by.
What’s not to like! Ideally placed when walking from Los Christianos to Las Vistas Beach. Look for McDonalds and The President is to the left.
Beer 1€ per pint including tax.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We called in for cocktails after a day on the beach - served by a waiter who was obviously having a bad day after a few minutes realised they are not looking for return trade - had to send one drink back as it looked like half your garden was in it sorry but would not return.