“Lunch at Terrazzo”

and up
Gozo Ta' Cenc Cliffs Segway Tour
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Sannat
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I had to mark this down purely because of the poor service. Food was very good as was the view and atmosphere.
I had booked a table in advance for six persons which included two children.
When we arrived we were given a table which was not made up for lunch. I don't think my advance booking was recorded.
We waited for ages to order drinks but in the end I had to go to the bar.
After 45 minutes we had not been even offered bread.....I had to ask for some.
When the wine arrived no cooler was offered, the white wine bottle just left on the table. I had to ask for a wine cooler.
The waiters attempted to serve the main courses on the table without clearing the starters away. I had to ask them to clear the table first.
They forgot to bring the children's meals. I had to ask for them.

As I said the actual food was very nice but oh that terrible service. As a matter of interest we had a lunch at the five star Kempinski, also in Gozo, recently......prompt, polite, discrete, knowledgable and professional service. Everything that Ta Cenc Terrazzo is not!
But then the Kempinski group are professionally managed by international hoteliers and this is the difference.
Ta Tenc Terrazzo has poor management and is getting to that dangerous situation where the staff run the show and run it as they want.
I'll still go back!

1  Thank John N

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Stayed for a week in June at the ta cenc for a family wedding!
From the moment we checked in we were made to feel very welcome! We arrived about 11pm and were checked in by john who took us personally to our room, which was very big! Air con not the best but kept us relatively cool! We had a big terrace with not only table and 2 chairs but also 2 sun Beds!
Breakfast was lovely! Just right! They usual English favourites bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes,,beans and scrambled eggs. Fresh fruit and juices, fresh breads And jams, small selection of cold meats and cheese. Just enough of everything and not over the top!
The pool areas were great! 1 for family's and 1 adults only! Always enough beds for everyone and very clean and well kept!
The bar area was fab also, we spent a lot of time there! A special mention has to go to Dano! Who ran the bar, lovely lovely lad! So pleasant and helpful! Nothing was ever too much trouble for him!!
Drinks reasonably priced, lunch bar snacks very nice! Burgers sandwiches, etc all freshly made and very tasty!
The wedding itself was amazing! The dedicated venue is beautiful! With a walled garden for the ceremony and both indoor and outdoor function areas!
The wedding breakfast was a lovely meal, served well and hot!
All the waiting on staff were lovely, attentive and helpful!
A special mention should be made to Joseph who was looking after our table and was great with my 5 year old nephew who was the only child at the wedding!
We were sad to leave after such a great week!
I'm sure we will be back again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Been to a wedding on Friday and it was beyond my expectations. The venue was rustic with a character of its own. The food was delicious. Loved most the sweets and deserts section. Big compliments to the staff and the sous chef!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We'd never been to Gozo before so didn't know what to expect but were pleasantly surprised.
The journey from Valetta airport was a bit arduous but well worth it once you get to your hotel.

We stayed in a trulli, a round roofed room typical to this area. It was reasonably well appointed but the bathrooms were a bit dated.
That could also be said of the sun beds and umbrellas around the adult pool - there is also a family pool.

We were half board and both breakfast and dinner were excellent.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

An adventureaus narrow road takes you to Ta Cenc, where you can park your car near a small hotel/ restaurant. From the terraces of the restaurant you have a magnificent vieuw at the huge rocks around and the beautiful small bay. The place is remote and very, very quiet, so you can enjoy the silence !