“A Bit Faded”

and up
Gozo Ta' Cenc Cliffs Segway Tour
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Sannat
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Stopped for coffee and an aperitif, a bit faded and service was slow. Looks like the place is trading on its name from the past when it was the in place to stay. A disappointing visit.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here and ventured into the dining room twice. The menu was not inspiring though the staff did their best to jolly us along. The mains were expensive (c€ 20-25) and the wine also. They rely on a captive audience from hotel guests without their own transport.

1  Thank JeremyKnott
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Seems that a lot of the reviews here are about the restaurant of the same name (which was very nice but not located on the cliffs, located near Mgarr Ix Xini, a lovely swimming spot). Anyway, as with many beauty spots on Gozo & Malta, you have to work hard to actually find the cliffs as there are no signs. You'll need the help of map and GPS as to where to park the car, which is down the dirt track (before it becomes tarmac again) and there's an olive tree on the right with tracks leading off to the cliffs - follow the path along the wall and you'll find them. Worth a 15 minute walk in the searing heat as these are apparently the tallest cliffs in Gozo/Malta. Amazing views.

2  Thank molari
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I had to mark this down purely because of the poor service. Food was very good as was the view and atmosphere.
I had booked a table in advance for six persons which included two children.
When we arrived we were given a table which was not made up for lunch. I don't think my advance booking was recorded.
We waited for ages to order drinks but in the end I had to go to the bar.
After 45 minutes we had not been even offered bread.....I had to ask for some.
When the wine arrived no cooler was offered, the white wine bottle just left on the table. I had to ask for a wine cooler.
The waiters attempted to serve the main courses on the table without clearing the starters away. I had to ask them to clear the table first.
They forgot to bring the children's meals. I had to ask for them.

As I said the actual food was very nice but oh that terrible service. As a matter of interest we had a lunch at the five star Kempinski, also in Gozo, recently......prompt, polite, discrete, knowledgable and professional service. Everything that Ta Cenc Terrazzo is not!
But then the Kempinski group are professionally managed by international hoteliers and this is the difference.
Ta Tenc Terrazzo has poor management and is getting to that dangerous situation where the staff run the show and run it as they want.
I'll still go back!

1  Thank John N
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Stayed for a week in June at the ta cenc for a family wedding!
From the moment we checked in we were made to feel very welcome! We arrived about 11pm and were checked in by john who took us personally to our room, which was very big! Air con not the best but kept us relatively cool! We had a big terrace with not only table and 2 chairs but also 2 sun Beds!
Breakfast was lovely! Just right! They usual English favourites bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes,,beans and scrambled eggs. Fresh fruit and juices, fresh breads And jams, small selection of cold meats and cheese. Just enough of everything and not over the top!
The pool areas were great! 1 for family's and 1 adults only! Always enough beds for everyone and very clean and well kept!
The bar area was fab also, we spent a lot of time there! A special mention has to go to Dano! Who ran the bar, lovely lovely lad! So pleasant and helpful! Nothing was ever too much trouble for him!!
Drinks reasonably priced, lunch bar snacks very nice! Burgers sandwiches, etc all freshly made and very tasty!
The wedding itself was amazing! The dedicated venue is beautiful! With a walled garden for the ceremony and both indoor and outdoor function areas!
The wedding breakfast was a lovely meal, served well and hot!
All the waiting on staff were lovely, attentive and helpful!
A special mention should be made to Joseph who was looking after our table and was great with my 5 year old nephew who was the only child at the wedding!
We were sad to leave after such a great week!
I'm sure we will be back again soon!