Saddleworth Hotel
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrolls roycewedding venuestunning venuedance floordaughters weddingevening receptioncame roundcannot faultthese guysstaff were amazingbeautiful weddingwedding receptiongetting readypool tableowners and staffcouldn't do enoughmain meal
Reviewed 12 October 2015

We had to change our venue with only 6 weeks to go and the staff at the Saddleworth Hotel could not have been kinder or more professional. We were renewing our vows and organizing this from the USA. They went out of their way to make us feel that all would be good on the night. The set up was perfect, the food great and the staff made us feel like this was the most important thing on earth at that moment. All our guests made positive comments about the whole event and we are delighted with our choice. Some stayed at the Hotel that evening and all said how happy they were that they did.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2015

I recently attend a wedding at the Saddleworth Hotel and it certainly lived up to its description in the brochures. This hotel is five star at its best, my husband and I arrived very early but we were well looked after and brought coffee to have in one of the comfortable lounges. This hotel is a mixture of opulent traditional and modern which surprisingly works very well. My only complaint is that the hotel is on various levels and although there is a lift, it is still difficult for people with mobility problems to get around. The food served at the wedding reception was superb and I have never tasted lamb like I had that day, it was delicious as was the rest of the meal. The staff were accommodating and efficient and it was a lovely experience. The rooms were a little pricey but would be a nice anniversary treat if you wanted to splash out. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. The Saddleworrth Hotel is situatated in a rural setting and the surrounding area is beautiful, perfect if you are a keen photographer.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2015

my family, (14) stayed at the Saddleworth Hotel on Sat/Sunday 19/20 Sept to celebrate our eldest sons wedding to lovely Julie Marsland and we had a great time. Our rooms were AOK meal,buffet entertainment excellent (with as an added bonus VERY LOUD and the staff from start to leaving could not have been more welcoming and helpful at all times. I was apprehensive when we read the review from a Wigan couple who had stayed the week before who did not have a good experience, but that has happened to us all at some time. My only regret is that this lovely hotel is a wee bit far out from our Chorley home, David Hughes Chorley

Room Tip: all of our rooms faced south overlooking Saddleworth moor ,lovely and good size Rooms 1/6
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank bernadette h
Reviewed 21 September 2015

Attended wedding on 19/9/2015, booked into room which was clean and nicely presented. Most of staff were friendly but a couple of them were quite rude. Wedding breakfast was superb, freshly cooked and well presented. The downside to this hotel is its lack of facilities for disabled people and no baby changing facility. Not all rooms have access for wheelchairs including the room the wedding actually took place. Outside the car park is all stones so we had difficulty getting to entrance with the wheelchair and the grounds are on all different levels.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank BevM19
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Stayed here as a couple whilst attending a local wedding on Saturday 12/9/15. We had booked a junior suite at a steep £325 per night. The room was quirky but nice (not fabulous.....wardrobe etc looked very cheap and the curtains were closed, when we opened them we realised this was because the room overlooked a dumping ground at the back of the hotel with rubble and rubbish everywhere!!). Arrived at the hotel and there were no staff to be seen....we had to search for someone to check us in.......this was the tone for the rest of our stay. We wanted to eat before going to the wedding, we were shown to the lounge and ordered some drinks which took 15mins to arrive. We ordered food then 15mins later the waiter came back and advised they couldn't do food for an hour because they had a wedding on and the kitchen was too busy to serve us. I had enquired by email before our visit about food and told them when we were staying and when we would want to eat......they confirmed they could accommodate us and sent me the menu. After a firm discussion they agreed to take our order but service was VERY slow.
Upon returning to the hotel after the wedding we attended, again the place was deserted except for the wedding which was still in full swing.....we had to search for staff to serve us with a drink again.
We were advised breakfast was between 9-10am and arrived in the restaurant at 9.40am. There was one table set up for approx.15 people and all the smaller tables were used and not re-set. I asked for a table for 2 to be set, assuming that the large table was for wedding guests. The young waitress was extremely rude to me and told me there were no small tables because we had arrived so late. I said that breakfast was only served from 9-10am and we were 20 mins before service ended (signs in reception confirmed breakfast was 9-10am), she told me I was wrong, breakfast had been open for ages and we were really late!! Food at breakfast was good but everything was self serve which is not what I expected when paying this amount for a room and very limited variety.....only bacon, scrambled egg, mushrooms and tomatoes on offer as hot food. You even had to self serve your own tea and coffee!!
Whilst staying my husband suffered a terrible burn on his bottom from the jacuzzi bath, the jets are on the base of the bath and one of them somehow managed to burn him. He has a huge golf ball sized water blister on his bottom....when we told the manager and asked him to get it checked in case anyone else got hurt, his immediate response was to argue with us that there was nothing wrong with it.....not to apologise for what had happened.
Overall, this was absolutely a waste of good money, the room we stayed in was nice but not fabulous (which you would expect for the money), the food was good but the service was absolutely dreadful and clearly the hotel does not have an ethos of putting the customer first. The standard of breakfast was poor, self service to this extent is not something that a price tag of £325 should bring and choice is extremely limited.
It is clear that Management are only interested in optimising the amount of profit they make from this hotel: high cost to Customers, not enough staff, cheap approach to breakfast = high return for them. Pity they haven't worked out that word of mouth and repeat business lead to full occupancy.
We will not be returning and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple