“Delicious and courteous ”

Saffron at Banyan Tree Samui
Ranked #25 of 217 Restaurants in Maret
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Banyan Tree’s signature restaurant, Saffron, presents a menu that is a combination of traditional Thai dishes with a modern twist, and innovative new ones. Enjoy the romantic open-air dining lounge venue, perched on the edge of the hill overlooking the glittering Lamai Bay, with an ambiance of understated, yet refined, elegance.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

First of all the view is breathtaking. The food is superb and the service outstanding. Especially AEK and NOOKI

2  Thank NadavKersh

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Spent our last evening here. What a way to end our holiday food was delicious and portions much bigger than expected. We were a party of 5 adults and two children. Staff very attentive and outlook glorious nothing was to much for them. They also have a cake to my daughter and I who were celebrating our big birthdays on this holiday. What a lovely surprise. Prices on par with London but service a lot better. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Sandra T
Reviewed 18 January 2018

This place is a really nice for having a dinner. The restaurant has really nice view. The staff were very kind and friendly

BanyanTreeManagement, Manager at Saffron at Banyan Tree Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear modamilan,
Greetings from Saffron at Banyan Tree Samui!
Thank you for choosing our restaurant for your dining experience and for sharing your comments. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the view overlooking our private bay as well as the warm, attentive service from our team. I have shared your comments with all as added motivation to continue delivering the highest standards of service.

modamilan, thank you once again it would be sincere pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I booked in advance a table with a view for my anniversary. Getting to the restaurant is a bit of a trek but worth it. We took a taxi to reception and they take you via golf cart to the restaurant. The restaurant is on a cliff overlooking the Banyan Tree’s beach cove. Very beautiful. We were seated inside but when noted I had booked a table outside they kindly reseated us.

The food was very good. They brought out some amuse bouche and some snacks that we enjoyed. The beef salad was very cool and the highlight. It comes deconstructed and they put it together in front of you. The pad Thai was delicious and the masaman curry was good. They also serve 4 kinds of rice with your meal. We ended with some Thai ice creams. And they brought us out a mango sticky rice in the shape of a heart for our anniversary.

Overall a lovely dinner experience. Highly recommend for a romantic dinner.

BanyanTreeManagement, General Manager at Saffron at Banyan Tree Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear USCKaboom,
Greetings from Saffron at Banyan Tree Samui!
Thank you for choosing our signature Thai restaurant to celebrate your anniversary and for taking the time to share your comments with others.
From the scenic setting overlooking our bay to the delectable cuisine including ‘Yam Nua Yang’ to the special touches during your meal; I am thrilled that all combined to create a memorable dining experience I have already shared your comments with our team as added motivation to continue delivering the highest standards of service to our future guests.
USCKaboom, thank you once again for dining with us and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back during your future travels to Samui.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Went there to celebrate a special occasion.
Had a bottle of sparkling (wines in Thailand are EXTREMELY overpriced as they apply huge taxes) two starters, two mains& dessert.
Food was good, not outstanding.
The difference was made by special touches like my reservation name written on a plant leave, the attentive staff, the beautiful comp annyversary dessert and the printed picture they took of us.
Khun Aek was our server and took good care of us. Just to note, he overused my name and never asked my wife's name ;)
Overall was a very nice dinner!

1  Thank Zhinghi_N
BanyanTreeManagement, Manager at Saffron at Banyan Tree Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Zhinghi_N,

Greetings from Saffron at Banyan Tree Samui!

Thank you for your recent visit to celebrate your special occasion. I am pleased to read that you were impressed with the special touches delivered to make your experience a memorable one. It is great that Khun Aek provided warm, attentive service; however, I regret that the same level of personalized service was not extended to both you and your wife. I have taken note of this and shall conduct training with our team to improve on this area for our future guests.
Please note that wine is subject to a 100% bottle tax in Thailand which drives up the prices on our drink list. I regret that this was not more in line with your expectations and will discuss this with our wine distributor experts who write our beverage list keeping the food pairing in mind and we’ll take your kind suggestion into consideration when revising our wine list in the future.
Zhinghi_N, thank you once again for choosing Saffron and it would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back in the future.