Oulton Hall & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$44
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$56/night.

US$83
Travelodge Leeds Colton(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$40
Travelodge
US$68
US$104
Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$71
US$73
US$58
  • Breakfast included
US$50
2,823 results
All reviewschampagne bargolf breakafternoon teaq hotelsevening mealmain restaurantdrawing roompublic roomssteam roomhotel is beautifulleisure facilitiesleisure clubbirthday treatrelaxing breakbuffet stylean overnight stayclaret jug
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Nice building and grounds. The gardens are very well kept.

Reception staff were very helpful and friendly. It’s Dog friendly and they were very welcoming to our dog which was much appreciated.

Superior room was a reasonable size with basic facilities and no ‘additions’ (no complimentary bottled water etc) that you might expect upon arrival at a ‘luxury hotel’. Only bath 1 towel in the room for a 2 person booking.

The part that let it down the most for us was the restaurant. We went there two nights in a row (thought we’d give it a second chance). Felt that some of the staff had a poor attitude, coming across as though we were an inconvenience because we hadn’t pre-booked.

The first night we were sat in very close proximity to another table when there were many others free across the restaurant that weren’t used. The service on both nights was very slow, waiting a significant amount of time to place a drink / food order and to the point we had to walk up to the till to get the bill at the end of the night.

The food on our second night was poor quality(although well presented). The Duck was very tough (partly inedible) and vegetables were very undercooked (I don’t mean crunchy I mean raw!). The prices at the restaurant don’t reflect the quality of food and you would expect a much more attentive service.

If the restaurant hadn’t let the stay down we would have given it 4 stars. It’s a nice hotel but nothing special. Unfortunately the food or the service (in the Restaurant) was no-where near worth the amount charged.

1  Thank Tim T
Reviewed 28 March 2018

My sister and I stayed for a birthday treat. We came last year and enjoyed it, so returned. We arrived and went to the spa area, this is a hotel pool, but plenty of room for a leisurely swim, hot tub, steam room and sauna. Light lunch was lovely, lovely home made soup with bread rolls, choice of main veggie or meat dish, we tried both, with a jacket potato and large choice of a salad bar. Also a deserts area. A bottle of water on the table already there too. Got checked in our lovely room early, bonus! Then we went for our treatments, both were amazing. A lovely relaxation room afterwards and then onto the champagne bar. Drinks quite expensive, £10 for a cocktail or a glass of wine, but lovely room to chill in. Later dinner which was included we had a menu that included 2 courses for our £28 allowance. Meal was lovely and add a bottle of wine and desert we had about another £50 for 2 on top of this. Rooms extremely clean and tidy and so comfy beds and pillows. The next morning a full English breakfast was included, again great quality and plenty, everyone should be happy with this. One of my favourite points about this hotel is that all the staff go out their way to say hello or check you are ok. This was always very genuine too. All the guests are friendly and chatty too, I think the staff make this excellent atmosphere. Cant wait to come back soon - thank you everyone at Oulton Hall!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Claire S, General Manager at Oulton Hall & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Bev_Hull

Thank you for reviewing your spa break at Oulton Hall.

I'm pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your second visit and you plan to return again soon!

We will look forward to welcoming you back for some more pampering.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Great all round stay, included the spa facilities.
Is was very busy as there was tv filming on site also, the staff dealt with everyone very well, and very professional overall.

Lovely meal also.

Would highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2018
Claire S, General Manager at Oulton Hall & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear mbk552

Thank you for your review of Oulton Hall.

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here and found our staff to be very professional!

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The spa facilities were lovely however I found it odd that there were no loungers around the pool and only limited seating which meant myself and my boyfriend either had to stay in the pool or sit on the floor. The sauna and steam room however were great. My main grumble was that half the lockers in the ladies changing rooms weren’t working. We didn’t have a treatment on this occasion but may well if we return. After using he spa facilities we then got dressed and went for afternoon tea on the champagne bar. This was delightful. The food we were presented with was all delicious. Sitting in the grand room made the afternoon tea feel really sophisticated especially with the butler service. That being said, because of where the afternoon tea is held you have to leave the spa and go to the other side of the hotel. Other spa hotels have an area in the spa that you have have afternoon tea whilst In Your robes allowing you to continue to use the spa facilities after your eaten if you want to which I found more relaxing and worth the money. This was slightly over priced in comparison.

1  Thank Gemery-05

Dear Gemery-05

Thank you for reviewing your experience at Oulton Hall.

I'm sorry to hear that the seating around the pool had been taken by other guests during your visit. Unfortunately the space does limit the amount of furniture around the pool, however the relax room and juice bar can be utilised for this. The lockers are undergoing maintenance with the locks being replaced but we recognise that this is causing some issues and for that I must apologise.

I'm pleased to read that you were delighted with your afternoon tea and I take on board your suggestion regarding serving this in the spa area, however this wouldn't be butler served and may take a little away from the traditional experience we like to provide here at Oulton Hall.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Oulton Hall.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here the night before a business meeting. We arrived in time to make use of the swimming pool and sauna. The pool was very cold, particularly on initial immersion. Our superior room was a good size but not large. One area of carpet was very marked near the door. Otherwise decor seemed good. The bed didn’t seem overly comfortable although we appreciate this a personal judgement but meant that we had a less than ideal night’s sleep. Breakfast gave reasonable choice and most items were tasty. Staff were very helpful. For the room rate, we wouldn’t choose to stay again.

5  Thank docmadnes1

Dear docmadnes1

Thank you for your review of Oulton Hall. I'm sorry to hear that the pool was cold during your visit - I can assure you that regular checks of the pool take place through out the day and this includes a check of the temperature.

Oulton Hall has undergone major refurbishment in recent years and we hope to continue this with the corridor carpets being on our priority list. I'm saddened to hear that you did not find your bed comfortable and so did not have the best sleep.

I am pleased however that you found the breakfast items to be tasty and our staff helpful.

I do hope you might change your mind and re-visit Oulton Hall again in the future.