1,426 results
All reviews kymata restaurant one bedroom suite deluxe package vip bar sea view suite a la carte buffet restaurant half board cold towels private pool frozen fruit five star hotel turn down service star service pool staff relaxing holiday total relaxation
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner early October. We both wanted somewhere that was quiet, plenty of space to relax and chill-out but also able to go into town for dinner as we booked on a breakfast only basis.

We were not disappointed and from the start we were impressed with high standards of the hotel, from the decor to its cleanliness and the very attentive and welcoming staff.

Breakfast was a very good way to start the day with virtually every conceivable option available.

The location is perfect for the beach and also a nice walk into Paphos of about 35 mins if you fancy stretching the legs. We took a taxi into Paphos harbour every night for dinner, approx 7 euros each way.

We ate at the beachside restaurant owned by the hotel and food was good there although a bit limited in choice but couldn’t fault the quality.

Special mention must be made of two staff in particular. Valentina looks after the pool area during the day making sure your wants and needs are taken care of, very attentive and clearly loves her job. In the evening Jana is the go-to for cocktails (the Bahama Mamas are deadly but sublime!) and equally seems really proud to work at this hotel.

Can only say it was the perfect place for a very relaxing break.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick_Wiston
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We've been disappointed by a few hotels lately, so were delighted to find this one really does live up to expectations, and even exceeds them. It is well-furnished and spotlessly clean, the rooms are larger than the average, the staff are efficient and courteous and the food was superb in all three restaurants. We thought half-board was excellent value. The location is quiet - away from main Paphos - with a lovely walk alongside the sea into the main town, or a handy bus which seems to run about every 10 minutes. It's relatively close to the airport but we only noticed one or two planes each day. It's a shame you have to pay to take continental breakfast in your room and I would have preferred a larger balcony instead of such a large sitting room, but that's a personal choice - we had a superior one bedroom suite with sea view, which was very comfortable. Suites with plunge pools did have larger balconies, but all rooms are very near to the main pools, and indeed the beach and there were always plenty of sun loungers around the pools and on the lawn. We certainly intend to return.

Room Tip: Worth paying for a sea view. 4th floor balconies get more sun - the lower you are, the more shady the balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I have always liked Cyprus and it's people and have returned since I first went when Ayia Napa had just two hotels when I was a child.
Asimina Suites has good food, helpful staff and clean, modern accommodation. A quick taxi drive to/from the airport and a quick taxi into Paphos or a 35 - 40 minute walk by the beach. We like to dine outdoors and the Kymata restaurant is good. Steaks excellent. Geroge was mentioned by a previous reviewer; On the first night I saw George at the main restaurant, he disliked the 3/4 trousers I was wearing which have been acceptable wherever else I have been. (I was wearing a good shirt and looked quite decent (!)). Trousers were too short though. No worries from me at all and I quickly changed. I am more that happy for high standards to be kept and the website clearly states that long trousers are required. George spoke to us every day after that and was helpful and courteous towards us.
We had a private pool and sat by that during the day when we were there. I say private; the better description was a personal pool as they are in view of the main pool area and not discreet. Inclusive drinks included many international brands and not just the local versions. I will admit the bar is a bit uninspiring though. The two singers I witnessed managed to murder the songs they were attempting. We might have gone in there one evening but it wasn't a problem for us.
The above are small negatives; the staff were excellent and service was also excellent and given by staff that seemed like they wanted to help. The place was not packed with people either which was good. Definitely on a 'we will return' list.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Clean, modern large (110 rooms) hotel on strip of beach with other hotels very near Paphos airport - but only 75 minutes from Larnaca. Friendly staff, clean modern rooms, good service. No kids and I would say vast majority of guests retired - we are just turning 60 so this isn't an ageist comment. Food nicely cooked in the a la carte beach restaurant but very conservative - prawn cocktail, soup, mozzarella and tomato, steak or chops etc. nothing local even on the buffet. Very large main restaurant is buffet but soulless - also food sits around for ages which doesn't work unless you go early (7) - go for the beach restaurant in evenings which needs to be booked in advance so if you want on day of arrival email ahead (even if places available you have to have booked, and seafood like lobster must be ordered in advance). Small selection so maybe eat out some nights if going for mire than say 4 nights. Live music (1950's to 60's crooners only). Very quiet by pool and small beach even though hotel full. Was bored in the evening (only news channels on TV and although 3 bars nobody drinking at any of them on any night - VIP bar closes at 8:30, last food sitting at 9, no other entertainment). Small wine list and only local cheapest ones by the glass. Very expensive - up there in price with boutique luxury hotels which it is clearly not. Nice modern gym and indoor pool (only saw one other person use gym). The best suites have their own plunge pool but although they look towards the sea the main pool and 2 restaurants are in front of them, and the sea is 100m away - they are also unheated and pool was freezing in October. Cabanas (with top suites) and sunbeds on small nice rocky beach. Felt a bit more like being on a mid-size cruise ship and most guests seem to treat it like that - sitting on balconies during day and coming down for their 3 buffets. I'd think through what to book - actually I think get the cheapest sea view room with a balcony, don't take the meal plans and pay as you go or potter out in the evening would be my advice. Paying for full board or a suite really not worth the extra - save that for a luxury or boutique hotel. It clearly has its regulars judging by other reports and compared to many package tour places will be well ahead - if you judge it like that (and pay a similar price) you'll be very happy. If you are someone who's expecting something like a 4 Seasons or W Hotel or a boutique hotel you'll be very disappointed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 186338Marcel01
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The suite was clean and very comfortable. Had everything that you would need. The staff were the most polite and courteous people you could wish for. The food was plentiful and a large variety of foods and different meal times. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxed holiday and a good pampering! Had a massage at the Spa - fab and the staff once again were so courteous. Would go back again.

Room Tip: Room 118 was very accessible - easy for wheelchair access
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple