“Outstanding Food & Service”
Review of Il Patio

Il Patio
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Pollone
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

As an overall dining experience this was hard to beat. The memoty if dining on the terrace overlooking the lovely garden on a summer's evening will stay with us as one of the most enjoyable culinary experiences ever. The menu is highly original and the presentation exquisite. The wine list has some fascinating local wines that the average traveller will never have heard of (neither the name of the wine or the grape that it's made from) and the head waitress / sommelier Micheala has a very extensive knowledge of both the menu AND the wine list. She even advised us in which order to eat the beautifully presented hors derves - a lovely touch. If you need a huge feed to fill your stomach then go elsewhere - but if you want to enjoy a wonderful evening with top class cuisine, wine and service then look no further. Very highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

...and I am looking forward to my next visit soon.

My good friend took my to Il Patio a couple of years ago and everything was fantastic. I have been to many restaurants around the world and Il Patio is still a special memory.

All the food and wine was excellent and still the best risotto I've ever had.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Visited as part of trip from Milan to Barbaresco and Barolo. The restaurant is tucked away down a narrow road. Only 2 staff when we arrived for lunch looking after 7 tables. 1 to take the orders and explain each dish and 1 to bring out the food and collect the dishes afterwards. Service was a little slow I feel. The food however is fabulous. Make sure you are hungry when you come. If you have time ask them to prepare a special menu for your visit. Expect to spend at least 2 hours to enjoy your meal. Must make effort to visit when in Milan. Price is reasonable for the quality.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Great food, great wine, good service.
Obviously this quality comes at a price . €200 for tasting menu for two with wine and all the trimmings.

Reviewed 18 September 2015

We visited the restaurant this summer and were seated outside at the patio, which we definitely recommend. We had the full tasting menus; I had the seafood menu and my wife had the "from our land" menu. The food was very good and met expectations with the exception of the rump steak of veal (I believe...) which was cooked for a long time for maximum tenderness. It seems the peace of meat was too lean as the result was a little dry and chewy.
The sommelier which also presented the food was very good and knowledgable and gave a good presentation of different courses and the wines, however the waitress did forget to fill the glasses of water and we also had to remind her that we had ordered more water. No disaster, but a faux pas at a michelin starred restaurant.
At the end of the dinner the chef came out and we discussed nordic restaurants :)

We had a very good time and had very nice food, but as always those michelin stars tend to make you more demanding. However; we would come again!