“Divine Ravioli”
Review of La Botte di Bacco

La Botte di Bacco
Price range: US$35 - US$58
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

We had lunch here recently. For starters, there were homemade breadsticks and rolls stuffed with ham and cheese. We also ordered a 2012 Fontodi Chianti Classico. For the mains, we all had house made ravioli stuffed with spinach and cheese in a cream sauce with pears. Delicious! For desert, one of us ordered the Tiramisu. If you are in Radda, stop here for lunch. You won,t regret it

Write a ReviewReviews (1,492)

Reviewed 30 September 2015

Having seen this restaurant was highly rated on TA I told my husband we should check it out. Seems everyone else had the same idea because we sauntered up and asked for a table for two but the restaurant was packed out (it's not that big in there) with another couple in front of us waiting to be seated.

We gave up and returned the next night where made a reservation and had a delightful evening where we were served by the most attentive waiting staff (the guy who runs the place also cooks and serves the customers). Well this chap who owns the joint is clearly very proud of his establishment and his food and it was really lovely to see someone so clearly fond of their work.

To start with they give you yummy bread baskets and these awesome fried bread roll things that were so tasty. Apparently these are not complimentary and are added to your bill (I didn't spot this because I had my wine goggles on but my husband spotted it on the bill). I have to say it was worth paying for the great bread because having spent the entire holiday enduring dry and tasteless bread it was nice to have some decent bread (sorry no offence to the people of Tuscany but your bread is generally pretty whack - I know the Pisan's screwed you over on salt supply many moons again hence lack of salt in bread but I think the time has come to reintroduce it ...)

The food was very tasty and well worth making a reservation for. Not cheap to eat here but well worth visiting on at least once occasion

Reviewed 28 September 2015

If you are looking for great food and excellent service....look no further than La Botte di Bacco!! Compliment this with a fantastic local wine list and this restaurant is a winner. Prices are a little more that many in the area but well worth it.

Reviewed 25 September 2015

We'd read the reviews & decided to try this restaurant to celebrate my husbands birthday. Luckily we had booked as the dining room started to fill up very quickly, mostly with people having reserved their tables. Service was excellent, the waitress, & co owner, knowledgeable & friendly. When the food arrived we were not disappointed, it was delicious, as was the wine. We hadn't told the restaurant that this was a birthday celebration but as we were chatting I mentioned that this was a lovely way to celebrate my husbands birthday. Straight away we were given a very generous glass of champagne, & a little while later lights were turned down, happy birthday sung & a flaming dessert brought out for my husband, we were then given limoncello, all on the house. Please don't miss the chance to visit this excellent restaurant

Reviewed 25 September 2015

The meals my wife and I have had on this trip have been exceptional - thus far I have felt the need to dish out three 5 star reviews. I'm only saying this so I can emphasise how good Botte di Bacco was. The food was excellent (enormous starters and fine dining level mains- we had the sea bass and fillet steak with onion, both were superb) so it was always going to be a good review but the staff were the best. We had free wine while we waited for our table (we hadn't booked) and after the meal as we were enjoying our (also free) dessert wines we were invited to join the staff and remaining customers for (free!) champagne -opened by the owner with a sword- to celebrate the birthday of a customer. A great meal enhanced by a wonderful experience and enthusiastic staff. I can't praise them enough. Now I can't promise that this is an everyday occurrence as it was the end of season but I would still recommend you go and enjoy.