J&J Studios(Kinetta)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We had to cancel our booking when we visited the hotel and faced the situation.

This hotel is dangerous and filthy. The facilities are not just old they are dangerous to both adults and especially children it seems as if it has not been cared for for years.

We were given a room in the first floor and when we entered the room it smelled with no exaggeration like we have entered public toilets and the bathroom was indescribable.

They said it was probably the pumps etc. and they gave us another room on the third floor which was the best room as they said but although it had space and a sea view you were worried of being infected by the dust and dirt everywhere unmaintained air conditioner filters. You moved the curtains and piles of dust came out. We tried to clean the tables to be able to safely put our staff on with wipes and they turned out black from dirt. The rooms had not be cleaned that was a fact they just changed sheets and towels. Aren't any control authorities, these places should not be allowed to operate like this.

It seemed to us like a cheap hotel for a quick retreat near Athens but given what we faced we had to leave.

The owner said that they do not sell the hotel they sell the beach but even the sea was full of black things like coal and the beach full of cigarette butts. And anyhow I think that prices of 55€ for a double room and 75€ for a family room are like stealing for a filthy room and below average beach.

We have paid cancellation fees but really I feel we have been taken advantage off. I would not stay in this hotel even for free.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MaRa M
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for three weeks and we found it very clean, comfortable and homely. The owners who also managed the hotel were very pleasant and happy to assist with any requirement. All staff were exceptional and we will certainly visit again!

Irene and Brian Melbourne Australia

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Irene P
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Beautiful beach front location. Old but spotlessly clean hotel. However.........

After getting off the train Kinetta reminded me of a Tumbleweed town in an old Western movie.

It is literally in the middle of nowhere and not actually a town as you would expect, rather a conglomeration of widely spaced holiday homes, cafes and restaurants all of which were empty mid week. There are no taxi's or bus's at the train station and we saw none at all in the area during our brief stay.

We got a lift to the hotel from the owner and there didn't seem to be any other way of getting to the hotel so we were thankful for that.

We were booked in for 7 nights but left after 4, the experience was pretty terrible in fact. Neither I or my wife are very fussy but the food was beyond a joke. Breakfast chiefly consisted of bread and a cheap yogurt and on two mornings we were given fried eggs as well. The kitchen and waiting staff are disorganized and in order to get a breakfast (which we should have passed on) on one particular morning after about 20 minutes waiting I had to begin setting the table myself (watched another guest do same first) in order to get some attention and get served. The Moussaka for dinner was lukewarm and disgusting, I've not eaten a worse Moussaka anywhere in the world, peculiar as you would imagine it would be o.k. in Greece.

I like fruit so one day I inquired about getting some Apples or Banana's and was told they had neither and was not offered any other fruit at all (quite happy to purchase it if it was available). The place must be running on a shoestring now (2017).

Ordering dinner on another occasion I asked for Chicken only to be told they didn't have Chicken but had Chicken nuggets. So its a Hotel that doesn't have Apples, Banana's or Chicken....are you starting to get the idea?

Chips (fries) were a terrible affair although the Salad was fine (how wrong can you get a salad anyway).

The beds are hard as nails but the rooms are nice and clean with air con.

A guy called Costas would continually put sugar in your tea or coffee without asking which was very annoying especially as my wife doesn't use sugar. This chap seemed to have a real "Basil Fawlty" bad attitude (another chap called Stathis was an absolute gent and extremely helpful).

The Hotel is mainly used by Greeks for weekend breaks which suited us fine however be aware that a lot of them bring dogs as dogs are allowed in the hotel. This I didn't mind as personally I like dogs but if you don't you may be in for a shock, the place was full of them.

If you arrive here without a car the owner will pick you up however you are basically "Trapped" because there is absolutely no transport at all in the area and its very deserted midweek.

Myself and my wife went for a day trip to Corinth and the owner kindly dropped us to the train station and gave us a number to ring when back at the train station for a return lift back to the hotel. We called, tried several permutations and messed about with the international dialing code. No Answer.... Cur an hours walk in 36 degree heat on dangerous roads to get back to the hotel. Greek drivers have a bad reputation and now I see why. The roads have no paths and are not suitable for walking so it was a pretty hair raising (dangerous) event trying to get back to the hotel.

The beach itself is fantastic so if you plan on staying put in one place and not moving an inch, don't want Apples or Banana's or other fruit, don't want Chicken, don't mind staff sticking sugar in your drinks and can put up with a bad attitude, hard beds, dogs and absolutely the worst food available then I would recommend the Hotel Sun (and believe me I am not fussy but this was the worst place I've ever stayed).

If like us you can't then you might find yourself doing as we did. We simply packed up after 4 days and headed to Athens. We payed for 7 nights but stayed for 4, just couldn't take the place any longer. I knew it was a budget Hotel but it became a ridiculous parody of Fawlty Towers....... only worse.

Greece itself is lovely and having never been I was also surprised at how helpful and friendly the Greek people are. Do yourself a favor and avoid the Hotel Sun while discovering beautiful Greece.

Room Tip: Pick another Hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank petergerbil1
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Everything what I needed to have good holidays.
Friendly staff, very affordable price, perfect view, quite place. The standard of the hotel is not on the highest level but it's still amazing if you look at the price. I'm planning to visit this year as well!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Love this homely hotel right on the beach. Rooms need a refurb but for the price I didn't expect more. A lovely view from the room and great air-conditioning has made our stay very comfortable. The staff have been brilliant and the owner's son even drove me to the supermarket when I needed something for my 5 year old. Lounging on the beach all day our worries fell away. The water is crystal clear and deliciously refreshing. A relaxed family vibe. Without leaving our loungers we enjoyed massages, donuts, frappes, mojitos and lovely home cooked food until the sun went down....sounds indulgent but it was just what the family needed...Thank-you

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family