Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
US$23
View deal
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$24
Priceline
All reviews sea chalet no hot water low tide lapping waves creature comforts activities planned basketball court clams days stay boat ride seafood conti mosquitoes singapore milo sustainability resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2019

Woke up to a stunning sunrise scenery!! Sea chalet is just nice to catch the sunrise from the comfort of your room. There are a range of activities to choose from depending on the dynamics of the groups that were also there at that time. Some activities like rock climbing, boom net, flying fox were combined with groups we got to know over there as they need a minimum number to carry out the activity. Staff were knowledgeable and spoke fluent English like Ahmat. We were warmly welcome by Ahmat and he gave a clear and impressive briefing upon our arrival in the late afternoon. Food is served near the sea chalets so we can get the sea view and breeze. They are quite generous in their serving and often we could not finish the food. The staff is helpful to accede to special requests within their ability and made you feel comfortable and at home. Overall, it was a nice bonding trip to do activities together with my teen over a weekend.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2019

I have nothing but praises for the staff at Loola. Basically, everyone we came in contact with was great; from the point of booking, to the last person who assisted us when leaving Bintan.

I had a problem with my knee during my stay at Loola (this NOT being a result of any activity organised by Loola). Everyone was so kind and helpful: the lovely lady who cleans the room quickly enquired about cream to ease my pain, and another lovely lady walked from the shop just to pass me the cream. I was unable to walk, and the staff organised everything nicely so that I could get to the hospital and even helped with talking to the doctor.

The Sea Chalet is basic but adequate. I spent the rest of my holiday confined there but have no complaints. It was actually quite pleasant; sea breeze, nice ocean view, peace and quiet.

My kids loved everything and said that despite the very cold showers, they would happily come back again. I like the safety aspect of the activities, the eco aspect of the resort, the staff business idea and I love the food.

A special shout out to Conty, Agus, Rita, Sri, Ahmad, Henry, Aina, Jaya; and to all the other staff involved who helped make our stay at Loola memorable – THANK YOU!

Room tip: For families with little ones, please note:gaps between the window "grille" in the sea chalet are wide enough to fall through
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 10 September 2019

I joined the Earth Excursion trip with other Singaporeans to Loola, a beautiful resort with a rustic charm. The resort is constantly working on improving its eco-friendliness with solar panels, natural mosquito traps, zero-waste snacks, diversion of kitchen waste to gardens... The effort is commendable :) The highlight of this trip is definitely mangrove planting for me.

I also enjoyed Loola's vegan meals. I loved the curry dishes and the fresh fruits.

Although I found my side of the bunk bed in the sea chalet to be very stuffy on my first night there, the staff responded promptly to my feedback and provided an additional fan. For the sea chalet, I suggest separating the bunk beds for better ventilation and privacy and perhaps build a taller door for the toilet as the current one does not block out light and sound well.

Overall, it was a great weekend trip to Loola :)

Date of stay: August 2019
LooLa-Resort, Manager at LooLa Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2019

Hi huixinglau,

Nice of you to write this review, Thank you, It was wonderful hosting you and other participants on the 3rd edition of the Earth Excursion with LooLa recently (30 Aug - 1 Sep). We hope to host many more such retreats from Earthlife (CRF) that include activities like Mangrove-Tree Planting, Beach Cleanup and the Safe Water Garden Community Service Project (SWG for short). The vegan food and zero-waste snacks you mentioned are developed with assistance from VSS and Earthlife themselves. More details are available on the Earth Excursion and LooLa's website.

It is great to hear after you highlighted your issue, it got fixed. We are currently in the midst of a total refurbishment of the sea chalets (as you may have noticed one of them has already started). We hope to host you in the future so as to be able to show you the improvements after the refurbishment.

Reviewed 6 September 2019

Took an eco excursion and stayed at the sea chalet for the weekend... never once regretted any second. Waking up to luscious greens and the blue waters, dancing mud crabs right below with the magnificent view of the sunrise, nothing to complain about.
Variety of activities for families: flying fox - wall climbing - mangrove planting - kayaking or just walk by the beach.
Food was amazing since we had vegan meals catered, only room for improvement is coffee for me...
Rooms and bathroom were clean and beyond my expectations.

Room tip: pick the sea chalet to experience sun rise and the dancing mud crabs in the morning!
Date of stay: August 2019
LooLa-Resort, Manager at LooLa Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2019

Hi Esther,

Thank you for writing this review. It was wonderful hosting you and other participants on the 3rd edition of the Earth Excursion with LooLa recently (30 Aug - 1 Sep). It is amazing to read that we are exactly the holiday destination you are looking for. We hope to host many more such retreats from Earthlife (CRF) that include activities like Mangrove-Tree Planting, Beach Cleanup, Safe Water Garden Community Service Project (SWG for short) and LooLa's adventure activities. The vegan food you mentioned is developed with assistance from VSS and Earthlife themselves. More details are available on the Earth Excursion website.

We hope to host you in LooLa again in the future!

Reviewed 5 September 2019

Cool place to stay, amazing view of the sunrise and the ocean in the morning! Dorms are spacious and comfortable, with fans and no insects flying around inside! Fun activities within the resort too, such as coconut tree climbing, rock climbing, flying fox, mangrove planting, Kayaking, futsal and more! Excellent place to be if you want to unplug and connect with nature. They even have a zero waste snack shop, and accommodate vegan diets as well!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Esther,

It was wonderful hosting you and other participants on the 3rd edition of the Earth Excursion with LooLa recently (30 Aug - 1 Sep). We hope to host many more such retreats from Earthlife (CRF) that include activities like Mangrove-Tree Planting, Beach Cleanup, Safe Water Garden Community Service Project (SWG for short) and LooLa's fun adventure activities. The vegan food and zero-waste snacks you mentioned are developed with assistance from VSS and Earthlife themselves. More details are available on the Earth Excursion website.