Lowest prices for your stay
US$24
US$23
CheapTicketsUS$24
TravelocityUS$24
eDreamsUS$23
All reviews sea chalet no hot water low tide lapping waves creature comforts activities planned basketball court clams days stay boat ride seafood conti mosquitoes singapore milo sustainability resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 November 2019 via mobile

It’s quite an adventure getting to Loola Resort itself, what with a 2-hour ferry ride followed by a 1-hour car journey to reach the resort. Loola Resort may not appear as fancy or modern neighbour, The Residence Bintan, but makes for the modern creature comforts with warm and sincere hospitality and laid back feel that makes you feel actually rested on a holiday.

In some ways, you feel like you’re transported back to the good old kampung days surrounded by a tightly knit community. The basketball court may feel old and even slightly dangerous around the edges, but here the staff, and even their family members, will actually play with you when they’re free.

Activities are all-inclusive in the package. You can choose to go for a tidal walk during low ride which stretches all the way out to the neighbouring islands, kayak around the mangrove swamps, or take a boom net boat ride.

The mozzies were a bit of a bother at night but once you get under the mosquito nets, things are under control. The final night culminated in a BBQ dinner around a campfire, which was really special.

The eco-consciousness of the resort, in which they seek to equip villagers all around Indonesia with a basic hygiene system, is highly commendable and a unique feature of the resort.

If you ever want a low-cost retreat with a bunch of good friends, and just really chill out, this is the place to be.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank weikurk
Reviewed 29 October 2019

Our family enjoyed the activities planned by Loola staff. They are very experienced and knowledgeable. The portion of the food is generous and tasty. Special thanks to M Adri and Tatang for making our trip memorable.

Reviewed 17 October 2019

We stayed in the EcoVilla, and it was a wonderful experience; overlooking the sea chalets. The food was plentiful and delicious; with a combination of western and eastern dishes at every meal. The staff were friendly, helpful and encouraging. We were offered activities each day, given reminders but in no way did we feel pushed to do more than we wanted. Some days we just enjoyed the breeze on the balcony, or napped in the villa.

I've had many holidays while living in Asia over the past 11 years, and this was truly the best I've experienced. I had fun, AND got enough relaxation. My batteries are truly recharged. Loola Resort is amazing! I can't wait to go back!

Room tip: You will need mosquito repellent. The local insect repellent worked well for me.
1  Thank dutchboydvh
Reviewed 17 October 2019

Woke up to a stunning sunrise scenery!! Sea chalet is just nice to catch the sunrise from the comfort of your room. There are a range of activities to choose from depending on the dynamics of the groups that were also there at that time. Some activities like rock climbing, boom net, flying fox were combined with groups we got to know over there as they need a minimum number to carry out the activity. Staff were knowledgeable and spoke fluent English like Ahmat. We were warmly welcome by Ahmat and he gave a clear and impressive briefing upon our arrival in the late afternoon. Food is served near the sea chalets so we can get the sea view and breeze. They are quite generous in their serving and often we could not finish the food. The staff is helpful to accede to special requests within their ability and made you feel comfortable and at home. Overall, it was a nice bonding trip to do activities together with my teen over a weekend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2019

I have nothing but praises for the staff at Loola. Basically, everyone we came in contact with was great; from the point of booking, to the last person who assisted us when leaving Bintan.

I had a problem with my knee during my stay at Loola (this NOT being a result of any activity organised by Loola). Everyone was so kind and helpful: the lovely lady who cleans the room quickly enquired about cream to ease my pain, and another lovely lady walked from the shop just to pass me the cream. I was unable to walk, and the staff organised everything nicely so that I could get to the hospital and even helped with talking to the doctor.

The Sea Chalet is basic but adequate. I spent the rest of my holiday confined there but have no complaints. It was actually quite pleasant; sea breeze, nice ocean view, peace and quiet.

My kids loved everything and said that despite the very cold showers, they would happily come back again. I like the safety aspect of the activities, the eco aspect of the resort, the staff business idea and I love the food.

A special shout out to Conty, Agus, Rita, Sri, Ahmad, Henry, Aina, Jaya; and to all the other staff involved who helped make our stay at Loola memorable – THANK YOU!

Room tip: For families with little ones, please note:gaps between the window "grille" in the sea chalet are wide enough to fall through
Date of stay: September 2019