Hotels.com
Priceline
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2021 via mobile

Last Saturday i stayed at Loola a place i've been dreaming of for a long time. Very suitable for seeking peace away from the noise. The thing that is very memorable and rarely found in inns is usually when I can capture the moment when the sun rises and is greeted by the chirping of birds welcoming the morning.
We can also play canoeing while enjoying the beauty of islands around the villa.
The friendliness of the employees like family makes me feel Loola is my second home.
Thanks Loola

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Marc van Loo, Owner at LooLa Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2021

Thank you for this very kind review!
It is wonderful to see that during this COVID time, LooLa also means a lot to our Indonesian guests.
Our staff was always very popular with our foreign guests, but I'm very happy and proud to hear they are also wonderful hosts for the people from our beloved Bintan island.
I believe this was the second weekend in a row you came to LooLa?

Reviewed 7 June 2020

Best place to stay on Bintan! Beautiful resort and the staff is very kind! Personally I love the way Dr Marc van Loo is exploring every opportunity to make this world a better place! Loola Adventure resort created virtual sustainability tours.

Emile Leus
TVworkshop Asia Pte Ltd
Midview City
26 Sin Ming Lane #06-121
Singapore 573971

Date of stay: May 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Marc van Loo, Owner at LooLa Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2021

Hi Emile,
Sorry for the very late reply.
The COVID restrictions have thrown a very big spanner in the wheel as you said, and thank you for highlighting our virtual journeys! (exciting and interactive trips over Zoom to connect with local villagers in exciting development projects).

For those interested in these wonderful journeys, look at the rave (radio and video) testimonials on our website!

Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

Revisiting Loola after 12 years has never failed to amaze me again! There are definitely tons of fun-filled activities to choose from and can be catered to your learning objectives! Glad that the instructors are so approachable, fun-loving and flexible! The food was superb, especially the seafood since it's freshly caught! Would highly recommend for those planning school camps or company retreat!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Marc van Loo, Owner at LooLa Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2021

Hi Xiu Yuan,
Sorry for the very late reply, but you were one of the last foreign visitors to visit us before the COVID lockdowns.
We can't wait to open our doors for foreign travellers again!

Reviewed 6 March 2020

I have spend five wonderful days at Loola with my children (10 and 13) this February. We were offered a daily program of exciting activities onsite as well as visiting some local attractions. This was ideal for my situation as I had to balance work obligations with children holidays. I myself greatly enjoyed kayaking and sailing but was able to intrust my children to do some other activities under staff supervision and focus on work. I can add that everybody was very friendly and competent, paying special attention to issues of security for climbing and other exercises with equipment. I initially chose Loola because of its focus on activities and am very satisfied in this respect. What was unexpected is that Loola is not just a typical resort with a wider range of activities but a place of reflection on the solutions to sustainable living. I was very glad that my children had a chance to witness and experience what these ideas imply in everyday practice and a real life setting.

Date of stay: February 2020
LooLa-Resort, Owner at LooLa Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Thank you for your very kind feedback!

Our own children are teenagers (between 14 and 19) now, but we remember very well the days when our kids were younger, so we always wanted LooLa to be a place where parents can let their children enjoy activities the whole day long, under the natural care that Indonesian people are so good at.

We're very happy to hear it worked out well for you for a whole 5 days!

In addition to offering children (and parents!) a rich set of adventure activities, we are now working on adding and enhancing our eco activities (plastic recycling, mangrove tree planting, Safe Water Garden building, appreciating green energy and rainwater harvesting, etc) and letting our guests experience that these activities aren't just good for the planet, but that they are a whole lot of fun too!

On behalf of our wonderful team,
Marc van Loo and Isabelle Lacoste (the "Loo" and "La" in LooLa)

Reviewed 9 February 2020

What a fantastic stay at LooLa, the perfect blend of adventure activities and blissful relaxation, something for everyone in the family. The LooLa staff were incredibly attentive to all our needs, exhibiting excellent professionalism in each of their roles, giving us full confidence in the safety of all of the activities and making our stay extremely pleasant. In our sea chalet, the ocean breeze made any need for fans or aircon redundant, keeping away any mosquitos, and the gentle sound of lapping waves provided for a soothing sleep. Great variety of excellent quality food. All in all we felt like being attended to in someone's home rather than in a resort, the staff are all working in harmony like a big family. We cannot recommend a stay at this resort highly enough.

Date of stay: January 2020

Hi Mike,
Great to hear that all is well in your beautiful native Austria, but if the family comes back to visit your former home country (Singapore), we'll be delighted to welcome you again!