“DON'T waste your money”

More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 17 October 2017

2-hour drive from Siem Reap which will cost you $50-60 by car and then a steep entrance fee of $20 per person. What you see here....sleeping buddha statue, lingas in the water and a shabby waterfall. Come on, give me a break. I would not pay even $2 to visit that sleeping buddha statue which is no wonder. I still don't know what is really there to see in lingas and waterfall. When we reached there I asked this question to my driver and asked why are we charged $60 for 3 people. He said that this place is maintained by a private company and they have carved the mountain to make the road and hence, the charge. First of all there are no tar roads on the mountain and everything is shabby. Even the drive from Siem Reap is extremely boring. We went during the rainy season so just imagine how bad it would be if you visit during the summer.
On top of this there are no proper eateries if you are hungry except street food full of flies around them. So if you have packed your food and you want to eat then you have to pay another $10 to book the hut near the waterfall. This is absolutely ridiculous.

THIS PLACE IS A SCAM. Don't waste your money. I have been to Cambodia 10 times in last 2 years so I vey well know how this works.

6  Thank TraavelGeek

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

It was ok. Thought it was a bit expensive comparing to the 1 day entrance + tuktuk fee to the Angkor Park with so many temples around to see. Probably better if you do this before visiting the Angkor small tour.

3  Thank Iris O
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We are on our third day of our tour in the different parts of Siem Reap. After visiting Angkor Wat, War Memorial Museum and Killing Fields temple, it was time to visit Kulen Mountain - Waterfalls. It was so refreshing and peaceful. The tropical forest and the right temperature of water would make you swim and deep for an hour to enjoy the experience. We also visited the reclining Buddha, and river of 1,000 lingas. You should not miss this exciting journey. This place is considered to be a Holy Mountain in Cambodia. You will feel the energy and calmness of this place.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I visited Kulen Mountain during Pchum Ben Day, All I can say is "what a dump." The Cambodian people have no respect for their natural wonders and garbage was spread all of the park. Being a foreigner and forced to pay $13.00 for an entrance fee makes this park absolutely not worth the visit or 2 hour drive to see the waterfall. I would highly discourage anyone from visiting...

2  Thank Avi8tor319
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited Cambodia the last week of February to tour Angkor Wat and decided to do this day trip as well.

Kulen mountain is about a 2 hour drive from Siem Reap with the last 30-40 minutes on a dirt road. We visited the river of 1000 lingas, big Buddha, and the waterfalls in the morning. The 1000 lingas & big Buddha was just ok. It was interesting to learn about the history but it's not something that you're going to spend more than a few minutes at. Next we visited the waterfalls which were nice, besides the crowd that was there. We decided not to swim but you can if you want. Again, the waterfalls are nice but not spectacular.

We then stopped at a local restaurant for lunch and headed to the ruins of Beng Mealea. It was a good time but after spending the day before at Angkor Wat, it's just not the same. We still had a good time but not great.

It was very interesting to see rural Cambodia as we drove to and from Siem Reap, but overall, the tour was just ok/good, not great. I believe we paid $125 for the day (booked before we arrived online) and I tipped $25 so the day cost is $150. Everything else in Cambodia is so cheap I think we probably over paid but that happens.

Overall I probably wouldn't do it again for the price we paid, but it still was a good day, just not great.

2  Thank faheymk