“THIS RESTAURANT WAS PERFECT AND THE FOOD DELICIOUS”

Jonathan's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jonathan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2017

If you are ever in the Garden City Area head over to Johnathan's. The food choices are many and they are are all pretty good.

1  Thank Rosario C

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Brunch options are interesting and well done. Prices are reasonable for what is included. You can order off the regular menu if brunch type fare is not what you want. Our server was gracious and accommodating. Note that this is a very popular place and the noise level can be loud.

1  Thank tweedybird26
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I have no idea why there are so many negative reviews of this place, glad I didn't follow their advice! Despite a very busy Friday night, we were seated immediately upon arrival. Wait staff was friendly and efficient and the meal moved along at a comfortable clip. Started with a few salads and the calamari special which were ok, but both the halibut and salmon were excellent (and came with a few nice sides). Only questionable dish was the short rib prepared osso buco style, I bet the straight osso buco or short rib dish would have been better than this hybrid. We liked the dessert sampler and had a great overall experience at Jonathan's. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I would give this place zero stars if I could. The arrogant, hostile, and rude manager Ruined the dinner of my family by his failure to deal with my complaint in a proper and professional manner. Don't complain about anything to the management here, because they are likely to throw you out of the restaurant.

There are so many great places to go to in the area without patronizing this place. The management here does not treat its customers with dignity and respect. I’ll be telling all my friends and family to stay far away from this place.

This place is just a glorified diner. And I’ll never be back. They run out of food early here.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

This place has the opportunity to be a 4 or 5 ... but the quality of the kitchen, cannot make up for the apparent single-minded focus on turning tables and therefore lack of attention to the enjoyment of the meal. This is aggravated by a few nagging issues, such as no vintages on the wine list and the absence of any sustainably sourced seafood. Upon arrival, we were greeted with having to "prove" that we had a reservation. Finally, I showed the host my confirmation from open table, and instead of apologies for putting me through the ordeal, he shrugged and said, good, a lot of people make reservations at the other restaurant. (I guess they must be part of chain). We were a party of 4, 3 entree's arrived... one did not.. .and we waited... and waited... food getting cold... I kept trying to get the attention of the host, but he was obviously too busy counting tables, figuring out where diners where in their meal to notice my consistent gaze. Dessert was a high point - stick to the chocolate things would be our recommendation. The items that require a pastry chef, don't turn out well (b/c I don't think they have one).