My wife and I stayed at Agriturismo Arangea with our large dog for a week and had a wonderful time. If you have never stayed at an agriturismo before, they are usually small, family-run farms that have some rooms to rent out. They operate very similar to a bed-and-breakfast, but they usually offer dinner with fresh farm produce at a flat rate.
- Great location. The agriturismo is located about 10 minutes from Lecce with easy access to several highways. It is a great location for day trips to any of the towns on the peninsula, including Ostuni, Alberobello, Gallipoli, and Otranto. The farm itself is on a quiet road and has plenty of parking.
- Friendly hosts. Gianfranco and Guisefina are both helpful and accommodating. They made us feel extremely welcome and had wonderful recommendations for activities in the area. They also went above and beyond when we had some car trouble and helped us get a rental. That is the kind of service you would never get from a larger hotel!
- Large, clean rooms. The room was very comfortable with a large bed, desk, several chairs, and plenty of wardrobe space. The bathrooms are modern and spotlessly clean. Note that the water heater is European-size, so pace yourself with the hot water!
- Pet friendly. We brought our dog (70 lbs), and she (the dog) loved it here! The agriturismo has five cats who took turns running away from or teasing her, and it was the most fun she had all vacation. The rooms are plenty large for a dog crate, too, and the entire property is enclosed so pets can play. Gianfranco and Guisefina are pet-lovers, too, so if you are looking to travel with animals, this is a great option.
- Cost. You can't beat the price! Great bargin!
- Delicious meals. Breakfast was wonderful and included yogurt, breads, cold-cuts with a sandwich press, pastries, fresh-squeezed OJ, and various jams. We ate dinner there three times in six days and enjoyed it very much.
- There really were no cons, but like most agriturismos, this is not a luxury hotel!
We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone heading to Puglia, and would definitely stay there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GPSN 40° 18' 46"E 18° 07' 15"A century-old restructured house in the countyside 5km outside of Lecce, the crib of the baroque culture, and 20 minutes from the loveliest beaches of the Jonio and Adriatic Sea. The structure has 3 rooms with bathes and a small restaurant for the guests.An area equipped for the campers is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Agriturismo Arangea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.