Meroma Beach has a younger crowd, smaller restaurants (requiring longer waits) but better service and food, tips go far, alot more fresh seafood, much better outdoor lunch buffet, friendlier staff(everyone should have Pablo at least once), minimal nightlife except for small crowded enclosed disco, grounds quiet after 2200. Great beach!
Silver Sands has older crowd 40 - 50 even older but more nightlife with live bands playing 70's rock which all there enjoyed. People up until bar closing at 1:30AM every night. Had an indoor lounge/disco but why be inside? It was mostly empty. Exact same restaurants but larger( wait for Hibatchi grill only) slower service and minimal seafood mostly grouper or salmon good but slow service can ruin any meal. Tips? Staff looks for them but I don't think it matters much. Beach rocky and weedy but you can walk miles.
Being a young 50 year old I enjoyed SS for activities, meeting and talking with people my own age, even all those hockey fans from CA, nightlife was great but they need to open Oceana or Seaside for breakfast too like Maroma even though the breakfast buffet is excellent it's nice to enjoy the weather. If service at restaurants would improve I'd give up the great beach for the nightlife and go back to Silver Sands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya/Puerto Morelos, Mexico