Arrecifes II(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$107
  • Pool
Amar Inn B&B(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
US$68
Acamaya Reef(Puerto Morelos)
Book now, pay at stay
US$40
Abbey del Sol(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$98
US$78
Hotels.com
Arena Beach Club Hotel(Puerto Morelos)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$80
US$363
US$269
  • Breakfast included
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
US$344
US$246
  • Breakfast included
US$418
Excellence Resorts
US$675
US$332
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$454/night.

11,960 results
All reviewsmain poolsilver sandsratatouilleveranda barel patioanna bananaentertainment staffpreferred clubworld cafejuan joseroom servicebarracuda barseaside grillour honeymoonthe wait staffinfinity poolturn down service
Reviewed 9 December 2010

We had a great week here despite the rain. Rooms are gorgeous and beds very comfy. The restaurants were great - food amazing and lots of choice. Staff all very helpful. Check out can be a bit frantic but lots of people leaving at once . The spa is great , watch out for the mossi in the cabanas , if you get bitten have treatments inside instead or on the beach . Had a couples massage on the beach, was so relaxing. The water beds in the hydro room are so so comfy I could sleep there forever ! Highly recommend the spa . Think we were the only English in resort which was a little shame , would be nice to see other Europeans using the resort. But 10 out of 10 to secrets for a lovely resort . One tiny point if I could change anything is have some cocktail menus for those of us that don't know what to have as the bar tenders don't have many ideas so would be great to choose from !! Go enjoy , yes as you have heard to beach has sea weed but they keep as clean as possible and truly work hard at it. Fabulous ! Ask for Sean in the spa he is great at recommending treatments

• Stayed: November 2010
5  Thank Baliaddict
Reviewed 8 December 2010

We booked a secrets square deal through apple vacations, so weren't sure where we would end up on the riviera maya. We were at Secrets Silversands and could not have been happier. We have stayed at a lot of all-inclusives and this one was certainly one of the best. Loved the service, and the rooms. Don't hesitate to take a trip to Silversands.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank traveler1075
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I was excited when I booked this hotel as I was expecting a pretty exciting weekend that included both partying and relaxation. It seemed I had no problem with the relaxation part, but the partying and nightlife at the resort left much to be desired. This resort is supposed to cater to the young adults. I was so surprised at the level of entertainment offered here. There were days when we were so bored we just called it a nigh and went to sleep! This is really not the place for late 20s/early 30s looking to have a great time.

The rooms are pretty cool and they are very large! Those rooms are larger than some apartments I have seen. We had a partial ocean view which was not really worth it. I would only pay extra for an oceanfront room if I were to ever go back. We ordered breakfast every morning and it was really good. The room also had a large balcony that we ate breakfast on one day. It is cool until the birds get a whiff of the food. We ate inside for the remainder of the trip. If there was something that you wanted that was not on the menu, just order it. They will do their best to make it. Breakfast always came on time, hot, and just as we ordered and expected.

The spa services seemed way too high, even with the coupons we got. I think everyone got the coupons anyway. Seemed more like a ploy to make you feel as though you are saving money. The rooms do not have liquor dispensers like some other all-inclusive I stayed at. That was a drawback for me.

There are many options as far as restaurants are concerned. We got an opportunity to eat at the sushi/Japanese restaurant, the Italian restaurant and one other. We were caught by surprise on our first night. In order to eat at the restaurants inside, the men must wear long sleeve (collared) shirts. Do not forget to bring the proper attire or they will not let you in. Luckily we were able to go back to the room and change, but had we not known we would have been stuck eating at the grill located outside. The grill left much to be desired as well.

The resort is supposed to be all inclusive but I had an idea that they still expected tips. However, we did not tip during our trip. I would much rather them just increase the price of the actual vacation instead of me having to feel bad about not carrying tip money with me everytime I left the room.

The beach is very small; I’ve been much better beaches in this area. We only went to the beach once. We lounged by the pool for the rest of our trip. The drinks were good. We did ask for extra shots as sometimes they did taste watered down.

The place pretty much shuts downs before midnight, so if you are looking for a place to party, this is not it. If you want to get away and stay at a good all-inclusive, this may be the place for you. The rooms are great and the hotel does its best to make sure you enjoy your vacation. I just wish there was more to do.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shanna95
Reviewed 8 December 2010

This was the 7th time in Cancun/Riveira Maya area. We stayed at Secrets Maroma last year. Overall I would say this was one of the best Values we gotten. For the price, you are getting awesome food, service and location. We stayed from Nov 27-Dec 3.

Pros:
- Close to airport so it is a quick transfer from the airport (20 mins)
- Check-in went smooth. Roberto and Jessica were a great help in getting the other couples we traveled with in the same general location.
- Service. everyone you ran into was always very helpful, polite and in a good mood. very nice to see all the smiling faces.
- Food. Braised Beef @ Bordeaux, Rack of Lamb @ Ratatouile, Sushi @ Himitsu, shrimp cocktailand tacos @ Oceania for lunch and the chocolate/raspberry dessert at Bordeaux all excellent. some portions are smaller so just order two. I gained 7 lbs!! Enough said
- Drinks. The bartenders have some great tasting drinks. Just watch what the waitstaff brings around to others and then ask for whatever they are having. They always came around the pool and asked for another before your drink was even gone. AWESOME pool staff!!
- Pools. the main pool had the heater on and never had a problem with getting chairs next to the pool. Water was perfect temp. the other pools are not heated and were cooler than i would have liked so we just stayed at the main pool.
-Bar or bathroom was always close by the pool.
-Beach bar is a great place to hang out and relax to hear the ocean and take in the view.
- Monday night football and some concerts shown on outside wall. Very Cool
- Beds. very comfy
- clean. resort and rooms very clean
-"free golf" we golfed one morning and the course (playa periso??) was very nice. it is on the Iberostar resort so you got free drinks/food on the course. the free golf does cost, $35 for the cart pp, $35 to golf before noon, and then $40 to rent clubs. So $110 for a round but still very nice course. It's not on the ocean but very challenging.

Neutral
- Entertainment. we found a few shows really good (elvis, circus, comedian) and a few were just OK. this isn't Vegas but they are better than some resorts I've been to.
- Beach. The sand is nice but there is a lot of seaweed that comes in. the staff is always cleaning it up. You can walk north and south for a long way but you will run into streches of no resorts so a lot of seaweed and some garbage that comes in. It didn't stop us from taking our daily walks. Just not a pretty as Maroma but still a nice beach. It's better than snow in Wisconsin!!
- spa. good but pricey. we opted to save the $$ and get 2 massages back home for same price.

Cons
-Ocean. very hard to swim in because of all the rocks/coral
- Nightly late music. I didn't care for the rock band that played outside 4 nights from 10:30-1:00am. Our room was in building 2 (2421) close to the veranda bar and we laid in bed hearing the bass booming. They should just turn it down from 10 to 7 and it would have been fine. One night i was woken at 10:45 to Pearl Jam and then again at 12:30 to Bon Jovi. Both great bands but not at a beach resort that late at night. I live by "if it's too loud, your too old". Looks like i'm officially old!! We asked to move rooms and they moved us to other side of resort that day.

Other peoples issues
- timeshare pitches. We never had anyone approach us. Just know that when the Apple staff wants you to come down to "confirm" your departure on your first day, it is to talk you into side trips. They are very helpful if you are looking for a side trip. We have used them in the past. If you don't plan on leaving the resort just give them your sheet and say no thank you.
- wine upsales. Every night we were given a wine list and said no thank you. No issues ever.
- empty house/building south of resort. Secrets has no say on what other property owners do or don't do with thier properties. Get over it.
-Ocean not blue. The ocean looked beautiful. Not as blue/green as other resorts but still very nice
- smell by building 5/6. both were closed while we were there. our friends were in building 4 and never had an issue.
- not looking mexican. this is a modern resort and would fit in Miami. we found it very nice and actually refreshing from some of the typical cheesy mexican decor some places have.
- 15 min of internet. Never had an issue and it forced you/spouce to NOT sit online all day. WiFi available. we had one in our group with an ipad and got service sitting at pool.

All in All i would highly recommend this resort to anyone. It was a great value for the food, service, atmosphere and relaxing. I would rank Secrets Maroma higher only because of the AWESOME beach there and the poolside food service. But you are paying for that!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ckk
Reviewed 4 December 2010

This is the best hotel that me and my partner have ever stayed in and we are quite frequent long haul passengers. The hotel is a very high standard throughout and the service is outstanding from restaurant staff, bar staff and especially the entertainments team who will ensure that you are entertained if you want to be or left alone if you simply want to relax. The only staff who did not seem as friendly were some of the reception and concierge staff, but this is not true of all of them.

We loved the hotel room. The only thing is that we had to change rooms as the original room was in building 5 which unfortunately suffers from the noise of the generator at the neighbouring hotel. The reception staff were able to find us another room and we were moved in no time at all.

The food and the choice of restaurants were excellent and you could even order room service at no extra charge. The only minor thing that could be improved is for the food to be served a little hotter (in temperature).

I would recommend this hotel for people who want a holiday where they can eat excellent food and have the pleasure of being served by the most pleasant, friendly people I have ever met. We loved Secrets Silversands!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple