Arrecifes II(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$107
  • Pool
Amar Inn B&B(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
US$68
Acamaya Reef(Puerto Morelos)
Book now, pay at stay
US$40
Abbey del Sol(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$98
US$78
Hotels.com
Arena Beach Club Hotel(Puerto Morelos)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$80
US$363
US$269
  • Breakfast included
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
US$344
US$246
  • Breakfast included
US$418
Excellence Resorts
US$675
US$361
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$488/night.

12,701 results
All reviewsblue moonvilla marinaprivilege loungedaisy clubpool barmike's coffee shopprivilege beachcasa del marprivilege packageprivilege guestscrepe restaurantthe lion kingkids poolfoam partyquiet poolentertainment staffa la cartes
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We went to the Ocean Coral from March 12-19 and were generally very pleased. It's a bit different than some of the other mega properties that we've stayed, with most (all?) rooms having ocean facing/view rooms with balcony. Everything is a short walk including getting to the main facility or the beach, and the property is extremely well maintained. The drive from the airport is short, which is nice, although the road between the 3-4 resorts in that section was terrible.

The food was excellent throughout, even if the a la cart restaurants were a tad boring food with limited selection. The restaurant staff was always very friendly, fast, and worked very hard. The best part of the buffet was the fruit juicing bar - there's also an excellent juicing bar next the party pool which was even better. The best food for lunch was at the Villa Marina where the wait staff is truly amazing, and the crepe restaurant by the quiet pool. Best dinner we found was at the outdoor Italian, the Italian, and the Villa Marina - the japanese restaurant that everyone raves about is boring and not great food. Route 66 was a saviour for our first night (morning) when our Air Canada flight was delayed 6 hours and got us there at 3am. And Mike's Cafe was a great coffee bar with great treats and coffee with very fast and friendly staff.

We really enjoyed walking around the property and there was a convenient jogging circuit around the property. Rooms were nice, not great due to ugly tiles, but the king bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. It had all the conveniences such as iron/board, safe, fridge (refilled daily), etc. It was cleaned well every day and the mattresses turned every week (wow!). Interesting that our room didn't have a clock or radio, but meh!

Pools were really great with lots of different mix to choose from - the only issue is that everyone saves a lounger every morning so you have to "play the game" or else be without. The main negative part of our trip was that the beach was very windy/rough most days and it had massive amounts of seaweed which appears to be a real challenge with a number of properties in the entire Mayan Riviera. We saw it at another property in Mayan 3 years ago as well. They try to clean up but frankly its a no-win scenario. The poor beach made the pool lounger availability even worse.

Although not a major issue for us, we found that the entertainment staff wasn't as "fun" as we've experienced elsewhere, nor was the evening entertainment (or venue) very good. However, we are comparing that to a previous vacation to Cuba (which also has better beach) and not everyone goes to these resorts for the entertainment. The only recommendation is that while there were some talented musicians in the lounge some nights, it doesn't appear that they have a deep pool of musicians and bands to draw upon most days/nights.

Overall a very nice stay and as good as most that we've visited in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be good so no specific location required. Premium section rooms look similar to others.
1  Thank CamNat
OceanCustomerService, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear CamNat, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad to know that you
enjoyed our gastronomical offer in our different restaurants and the staff was an important part to make your stays memorable. We lament to read that some aspects of your vacation were not at the height of your expectations. Rest assured that we take good note of all of your comments and that we will transmit them to the different departments implicated so that we can make our service offer even better. Best regards. The Ocean Coral & Turquesa Management.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

DON’T VISIT THIS RESORT THEY TRY TO SCAM YOU!!!
Upon arrival we went to the desk to check in and were told we owed $2400+ more dollars as the front desk staff told me my reservation says all 3 of our children were 0 years of age. They said their policy is only children under the age of 2 are free. So we needed to pay the fee or find somewhere else to stay. Now we are in a foreign country with no internet or phone working for us.
We paid $1500+ already to stay there for 5 nights and my reservation clearly showed I put in 2 adults and 3 children. They said that email confirmation doesn’t matter because the information that they have says our children were all 0. Our children are 11,9,&5 and I had to put their ages in on Hotel.com or I couldn’t even search the website. I know I put their ages in!! The website doesn’t even allow me to put their ages in as 0. So I proceeded to call hotels.com from the front desk phone-they then contacted the hotel who continually stated that I never paid for the kids so I now have too, but they would lower the fee to $1200+ (How nice of them) they also said this happens to many customers and what they tell the customers to do is pay the fee and then once we go home we can dispute the charges as it’s easier to do it from the US since we are US citizens.

I called hotels.com for a second time to dispute this charge (from the front desk) and they also told me I should pay it and then dispute once I get home-there is nothing they can do as they continued to tell me I put the kids ages in as 0 years old(impossible it doesn’t even exist as an option on the site) also how is this happening to “many people”?!?

This is a total scam!! They know we are stuck-I couldn’t get my phone to work so they knew we couldn’t go anywhere else and we had 3 kids with us. How is it only $1500 for 2 adults but for 3 kids it’s $2400( and they were dropping it to $1200)

So we paid it.......

Now since returning from the trip I went online to hotels.com did the same search-put my children’s ages in and it still came up for the original price we paid ($1500 total for all of us) so I am not sure how on earth they can do this to people?!?!

They will respond to this review-with a pre-generated response that they apologize-but that’s bogus!! They totally raked us over the coals-they will not receive their payment as we will not let our credit card pay them!! It’s terribly rude that they do this and get away with it.

They were not helpful at all and I can’t believe the staff has any morals to do this to people.

Also the hotel staff told us a taxi ride (2.9miles) to town was $60 each way!! We walked into town on the beach and asked a taxi in town and he said a ride back is $8 once again trying to rip off their guests-it’s crazy!!

We declined-multiple times to sit through a 60 minute time share pitch-they were SUPER pushy with this as well-basically we avoided the front desk or another fee was added to our stay!!

Such a bummer to start our family vacation-we will never stay at this resort or any H10 resort!!
The workers in the resort were all very kind!!

Hope no one else has experienced this-I have never written a review but I don’t want anyone else to suffer like us!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
15  Thank emilypronga
OceanCustomerService, Gerente at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

hnak you for sharing your comments on this page,please let us enlighten that this is a case leaded more over to your agency as our resort recieves the information on bookings from the agencys and what it is reported by them is what we provide to our guests we know that sometimes agencys can have details or ourselves make a wrong click and can cause error in information our job is never to make any one fell less or like all mentioned before us and many resorts in the region manage the same procedures when we do not have a booking information we are not the only resort that asks for a garantee if there is no booking and always providing anything back when all is cleard by the agency we lament this affected your vacation and would kindly advise that always confirm with your agency before arriving or months before to make sure they reported to the resort any changes or if everything is cleard and good,best regards!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

With all of the respect - i can not denied the fact that our vacation is turned out to be a disaster. We are beach family and all 8 of us, including 3 little kids, came to spend 7 days on the beach. Instead we just was walking around pools watching our kids - because it's impossible to get a chair unless you reserve it before 6 in the morning. Seaweed is horrible....tons of it!!!! Its even impossible get close to the beach not even talking to get in the water!!!!! I truly believe that hotel should warn people about this problem so vacationers, like us, could make a choice!!!!

7  Thank Ganusia

Dear Ganusia, We would like to express our gratitude for having chosen Ocean Coral & Turquesa as your host for your last vacation in the Riviera Maya. We lament to read that some aspects of your vacation were not at the height of your expectactions. Rest assured that we take good note of all of your comments and that we will transmit them to the different departements implicated so that we can make our service offer even better. We clean every day our beach however is a nature problem.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Just got back from a 3 day stay at the Ocean Coral & Turquesa in Cancun. Resort itself is beautiful. 4 big pools are very nice, but the beach was a BIG disappointment. Sea weed up & down the beach and in the ocean, making to impossible to get in the water. The sea weed also made for a bad smell. Food was one of the best we have ever had at an all inclusive resort. The staff was very friendly. Room was just okay. Too bad we had to stay at the pool, when we came to Mexico to enjoy the beach.

Room Tip: Stay in buildings 10 - 15 if you want to be close to pools and restaurants.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RoxTravel
OceanCustomerService, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear RoxTravel, Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your last vacations. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities, gastronomic offer and the service provided by our staff. All the staff are working hard in order to please our guests. The seaweds is a general problem in the Caribbean Sea however we clean the beach every day. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. Best regards, The Ocean Coral & Turquesa Management.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We arrived very late on Saturday night and first reaction to the resort was nice. Main lobby was open air but never felt hot which was nice. We travel all over the world and make video reviews for our youtube channel. The rooms were a bit dated but we got upgraded to the Master Suite which is the highest rated room at the resort. It was very nice and big but we did have trouble with the hot tub and it only worked the last night.

The food here was underwhelming but the service at the breakfast buffet was amazing. You can start to see the service is what really made this a 4 star resort for me. Drinks at the beach however take forever so we ended up just getting our own.

Now, to the reason why this resort didn't get 3 stars from me.. The front desk manager Araceli Segundo was as good and attentive as anyone I have ever met at a resort. She literally went out of her way to accommodate all of us. I can not say enough good things about her. I will post a video with review on my channel you can see as well Youtube " TonganTraveler"

Overall

Rooms- 3 Stars but the Master Suite with the Jacuzzi is 4 stars
Grounds-3 stars
Staff-4 stars
Front Desk Manager Araceli-5 stars
Food- 3 stars

Room Tip: Master Suite Room
2  Thank TonganTraveler
OceanCustomerService, Gerente at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

We want to thank you for choosing Ocean Coral & Turquesa as the host for your last vacations. We lament reading that there were aspects of your stay that were not of your total satisfaction. On the other hand we are glad to know that despite the mentioned situations you were able to enjoy your stay and furthermore that your overall experience was satisfactory. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us since they allow us to evaluate our performance and the level of service delivered to our guests and help us to continue to improve our facilities and services day by day. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future and improve your perception of our resort. Kind regards, The Ocean Coral & Turquesa