“Open Water Diver”
Review of Diverspoint

Diverspoint
Ranked #4 of 44 Tours in Puerto Morelos
More attraction details
Owner description: Diverspoint, small diveshop located near the center of Puerto Morelos. Friendly owners speak english, dutch, german, french and spanish. Come snorkeling or take a trip on a private tour in the underwater world of Puerto Morelos. Also a good place to rent a bicycle or snorkelgear, whole set or just 1 item.
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I did my Open water course here and it was absoluty amazing. Ramona and Johan are great teacher and while you learn to dive you will also have a lot of fun. Johan took so much time for me and showed me a lot of different stuff in and around the water. He got really good equipment and you will always feel very safe with him under water ... furthermore he can give u a lot of information about the area and if you keep on traveling also about whole Yucatan. If you search a diving school for a tour or a license that's the place where you need to go!

Highly recommend this place!

Diverspoint, Eigenaar at Diverspoint, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Hello,

Thank you very much for doing your Padi Open Water Diver Course with us. We were glad we could work around the bad weather when you did your course in Puerto Morelos. Hopefully you get a lot more beautiful dives wherever you go! Keep on diving and make happy bubbles!

Kind regards,

"great communication"
"certified diver"
"discover scuba"

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I recently returned to Puerto Morelos and had another chance to dive the beautiful reef. There are a lot of dive shops in town and I wanted to check out a few to get a different experience, but after doing so, I decided to go back to Diverspoint. I stopped by the shop to say hi to Johan and Ramona and signed up for another 2-tank reef dive. I really like the personalized service I received there. One nice thing about Diverspoint is when you sign up to dive with Johan, you are diving with Johan. They don't send you off with someone else.

The day we went out the water was calm and clear and there were plenty of fish to see. It was a great experience, but the next dive was even better.

While chatting with Johan I asked what his favorite dive is and he enthusiastically said without hesitation "NIGHT DIVES"! I said, okay, let's do it! WOW! What an amazing experience! If you haven't done a night dive I highly recommend going out with Johan. I had been snorkeling in the same spot earlier in the week, but the things you see at night are different and amazing! I enjoyed it so much that my first words after surfacing was Let's do this again tomorrow night! Again... WOW!!!

Another bonus is that Johan is into underwater photography and is happy to share the photos with you after the dive. He even let me use an extra camera on the night dives and I managed to get a few decent shots.

Thanks again for another great experience. I am looking forward to returning and I plan to get my advanced certification on my next visit. Hoping to see you again soon.

If you are heading to Puerto Morelos and thinking about diving, I highly recommend stopping into Diverspoint and talking with Johan & Ramona. They are both friendly and knowledgeable and happy to share the experience with you.

Diverspoint, Owner at Diverspoint, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hi,

Thank you so much for this great review! Love to see you are still a happy customer..And that you want to do your advanced next time, just let us know before you come this way and you can start with the theory of the course at home, online.

See you next time in Puerto Morelos.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We decided to finish up our open water certification during our recent trip to Puerto Morelos. After a bit of research we chose Diverspoint. They are one of the oldest dive shops in Puerto Morelos and it's easy to understand why. Johan and Ramona run a great operation. Their patience and knowledge of diving and the local waters was terrific. Their ability to teach and work with novices such myself was extraordinary. We'll be doing more dives with them in the future when we return to Puerto Morelos.

Diverspoint, Eigenaar at Diverspoint, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Hello,

Thank you very much for coming to our shop for your referral and finishing the open water course wiith us. We hope to see you back for more open water dives in Puerto Morelos. For now we wish you all the best for 2018.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

We had no idea that just five minutes from shore there could be such a beautiful reef in Puerto Morelas. Happened by Diverspoint one day and chatted to people who’d been out to the reef snorkelling. They’d loved it! Booked our boat and found out a little about the reef. They had snorkel masks with clip on lenses enabling my friend to actually see clearly underwater. Everything was well organised and out guide was excellent. Great cafe was taken to ensure the reef was not damaged while we explored.many fish and features were pointed out to us. A wonderful afternoon. We were emailed pics taken just before we headed out in the boat. Appreciated that!

1  Thank Debra C
Diverspoint, Eigenaar at Diverspoint, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thank you very much for booking your snorkel tour with us. We are so happy that we could make this a special day for you. Good to hear you enjoyed your time in the water with our guide and thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

Kind regards,