US$241
  • Breakfast included
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
US$189
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
US$567
US$286
Bookit.com
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$441/night.

US$342
Excellence Resorts
US$332
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$460/night.

US$498
US$302
Acamaya Reef(Puerto Morelos)
US$66
US$59
Amar Inn B&B(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
US$60
Abbey del Sol(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
US$77
7,479 results
All reviewsplatinum clubmurphy bedcliff jumpinfinity pooltime shareplatinum serviceplatinum roomone bedroom suitekids clubconvention centerwater shoesboogie boardsitalian restaurantfamily vacationfire showmain poolswim up bar
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We're currently staying at the marina el CID with our two kids (age 3 and 4). We will have stayed 14 days in total. As our trip comes to an end, I thought I would share our feelings. First, the resort is very clean and well taken care of. The room is spacious and comfortable (one bedroom suite) and the gardens are gorgeous. Most of the waiters do an excellent job, special thanks to gamajiel who works at the restaurant near the pool. The place is great for kids, and the resort is pretty small which is wonderful with young children as nothing is more than 5 minutes away. The little pool and slide were a blessing for us, our girls spent lots of time playing there.
The food is good, nothing extraordinary but certainly good enough to satisfy everyone. Our favorite restaurant is, by far, El Alcazar in the hobby. Yes, sometimes you have to wait more than 5 minutes for what you asked but aren't you on vacations! Also, sometimes a little word in Spanish is deserved and welcome. So modify your North American standards a little ( considering that it's a different country) and you'll be happy.

The only issue for us is the noise. We want to take the kids for a nap at the end of the day and yes, we go to bed no later than 10 at night after a long day. There's construction going on just outside our building which makes it very hard to nap before six. At 9, there's a loud show around the pool until 10 but the worst happened last night as there were a weeding outside with loud music on and people screaming in a microphone until 11. We understand that some people like to stay up late and that there was a wedding but we really felt it was too much when the sliding doors in our room were literally shaking. The kids didn't get to sleep until 11 and the only response we got from the reception was 'it's on their contract'. As a guest who paid to be here, I really felt like they didn't care. The weddings and other events should really take place elsewhere since its a good hotel for families.....who want to rest at night!

Other than that, we had a very good time but the noise has been a major irritant.

Envoyé de mon iPad

4  Thank Wishkaw
RichardBustamante, Manager at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear friends:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El CId Spa & Beach Resort I wish to thank you for your great review and for your preference.
We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed our resort excepting for the incident that you commented on your review.
We will share your review with all the involved areas.
We hope to serve you again in another opportunity and thank you again for sharing your comments with us and for your preference:)
Best wishes familia!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We recently returned from a week at Marina El Cid which we found on the internet searching for Riviera Maya resorts with water slides for the kids. First the positives: the resort is attractive, well maintained, and clean. The Kids' Club was absolutely fantastic and the young ladies who run it are angels. We had no idea that the club is open from 9am until 9pm. In all of our past trips, we were used to a 9-5 type of arrangement and even had to pick the kids up for lunch. Here they will take all of the kids to lunch and dinner as a group and my 8 and 6 yo boys loved the independence of going to meals with their friends. The website does not do this unbelievable amenity justice. Third, the spa is terrific with a great facility and super treatments.
The negatives: the food was just ok, some winners, but for the most part mediocre. The two buffets are laid out so poorly that you can expect to bang into people every time you go up. (Wouldn't you expect the milk to be near the breakfast cereal?) What was really bad was the quality of some of the drinks at the bars. It seems that anything that was from a mix was bad (pina colada, frozen dacquiri, margarita, bloody mary). The frozen drinks were not smooth and creamy but icy like a bad slurpy. My wife and I wound up drinking beer all week. Even the kids who love virgin strawberry dacquiris couldn't drink them. C'mon invest in good mix or a better machine!! The brands of alcohol were top shelf.
Reviewers who stated that the water slide wasn't "adult friendly" were right. The concrete slide is brutal on a grown up- I banged up my elbow and knee and was sore for 3 days. The beach is not in an attractive part of Riviera Maya and the resort is nestled between a container port and a jetty with large propane tanks on them. It is also very rocky in that area so wear protection when going out into the ocean. The beds are not very comfortable either. Finally, I question the value of the Platinum Club which they try to sell you. You get access to computers in their lounge(why they can't throw in wireless access in your room puzzles me) and a private bar area. What seemed most appealing to me was the private palapas on the beach. As it turns out, there are not enough for all of the Platinum Club members, so if you don't remember to reserve one by 8am the day BEFORE you want to use it, you're out of luck.
Overall it was a nice week and the kids loved it thanks to Kids Club and the pool with the slide and diving area. But I'm not sure yet if we would return next year. I need a good Pina Colada to kick the week off.

Room Tip: The higher floors offer the better views but otherwise I think they are the same. We upgraded to the one bedroom suite which was great to have the separation from the kids.
10  Thank acvisitorboss
RichardBustamante, Manager at Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear family:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El CId Spa & Beach Resort I would like to thank you for your nice review and for your stay with us.
We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed our resort with the exceptions that you commented on your review.
We will share your review with our bar manager to improve the mixed drinks:)
We hope to serve you and your family again in a near future in our resort and thank you again for your feedback and for your preference.
Warm regards familia!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We were there the last week of February 2012. The ocean directly in front of the beach is full of rocks and holes- you could very easily hurt yourself. Water shoes are highly recommended. The beach itself is very good seaweed washes up on shore but staff are cleaning it up twice a day. Everything else about the resort is excellent. The recreation staff are great if you can't have fun with them- you can't have fun. The buffet is good something there for everyone, what can you say about buffet if you have had them before you know what they are. The pool is huge never seems crowded due to the vast size of it. Great pool for kids with the cliff jump and waterslide. The rooms are very nice, good size everything you need. If you are excpecting wireless internet it is $15.00 per day, seems to me this could be provided for guests free of charge. The staff are excellent never had any problems. The grounds are beautiful there is something for everyone: a gym, tennis courts, marina onsite, and people for booking tours for you. You can book tours cheaper in Puerto Morales but then there is always the hassle of how and when to be picked up the extra money booking at the resort is worth it. We tried both ways and booking from the resort a much better experience. The resort and rooms are very clean and staff very friendly. We would go again.

3  Thank wings19

Dear friends:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El CId Spa & Beach Resort I wish to thank you for your fantastic review and for your preference.
We are so glad that you and your family had a great holiday with us and rated our resort five stars:)
We will share your comments with all our staff, as I commented always all the reviews of this site are reviewed with our staff and we take the best of all to improve our hotel.
We hope to see you all back and thank you again for sharing your review and for you comments.
Muchas muchas gracias amigos!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I was bit worried when I saw the reviews but then again somewhere from Canadians complaining about Americans (so that wasn’t my concern lol) and the other from Vegans ... which come on people it's Mexico people LOL ... I thought the hotel was very nice. I have been to better yes but this was amazing for the money. The pool was great. The staff was very nice (I agree the front desk people are not that great). I didn’t get bothered by time share people (maybe I have an unapproachable look lol) I didn’t see anyone else get bothered by them either ... The food was good. It wasn’t anything out of the world ... my favorite was breakfast. The restaurants where nice. The Mexican I didn’t really care for but the one in the lobby (Mediterranean) was very good and a very nice place. The hotel is very clean. Everyone there works very hard. We didn’t have any trouble getting anything we asked for. The gym was amazing! That view was so amazing to see every morning on the treadmill. There were a few rowdy groups but that has nothing to do with the resort they can’t control their guests. The entertainment people are awesome! A big shout out to the water aerobics people!!! This is a GREAT place if you have kids. We were just 4 girls going away for an R&R trip but I can see why people with kids would love it. There is so much for kids to do so it is a great choice. We took a cab one day to Playa del Carmen (5th Avenue) for shopping and dinner. That was 40 USD each way. Well worth it. We made the arrangements with guys when you first arrive at the hotel. All in all I had a great great time. My ONLY big complaint (and this is beyond the resorts control) is people wake up at 5-6am to put towels on chairs. That is INSANE TO ME. The resort cannot put out more chairs ... people are just nuts I guess LOL We had to wake up and put our things down there just to get a spot. The beach was beautiful. I dont care what people say. Yes there is seaweed (its the ocean people ... its nature) The people at the resort work very hard to clean it up and you will see that. The sand is sift and white and the water is blue and clear. The people on the beach bring you drinks and it is just breath taking. I would surely recommend this resort to other people. The things I didn’t like where outside of the hotels controls. I even got sick and had to use the resort Dr. which was expensive but he was very helpful and sweet. We tipped a few dollars at every meal or anytime they came to our room. A little goes a long way and I have nothing bad to say about this resort. So don’t hesitate based on the other reviews. Some people just expect caviar accommodations with beer money LOL and although this place is FAR from budget some people you just can’t please so don’t listen to them. I'm a picky New Yorker and I loved the pace. I would def go back again. We knew going there that there is no nightlife ... this is true but obviously being from NY if I wanted nightlife I would just stay home. I wanted to be relaxed and that is exactly what I got.

Room Tip: We had 1644 The room was amazing. Close to the beach. Worth the upgrade. Amazing view. The beds where a little hard but nothing we couldn't deal with :-)
6  Thank ana_bella10543

Dear amigas:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El CId Spa & Beach Resort I wish to thank you for your great review and for selecting our resort.
We are so glad that you and your friends had a great escape with us.
Thank you so much for your compliments and for recommend our resort on this site:)
It will be a pleasure to host you again in a near future and thank you again for choosing El Cid above the others.
Best wishes amigas, esta es su casa:)

Reviewed 29 February 2012

We have just got back from two weeks at the El Cid, it was the loveliest holiday i have ever had, the hotel was beautiful, so very clean, the staff were constantly cleaning. the staff were very friendlyand helpful, The food was very very good, too good, put half a stone on. would highly recommend you getting your reservation in for the three other restaurants, at the hotel, the food was surperb in each of them, but alot of people so you do need to book the day before.
the beach was lovely, with plenty of extras for people to do, boogie boarding and kayaking all included in hotel price.
and loved all the different animals and birds to see, even the croccodiles !!
i would highly recommend this to any one,
nothing off the resort to do, so if you want to go on holiday for the nitelife and shopping not the place for you.
but you want peace quiet and to be treated special this is the place for you
my only advice for any british people going take some american dollars, as majority of people there are american, and they tip constantly, making you feel very greedy for not doing this as well.

Room Tip: higher up best for nicest views, as alot of mango trees, which stop you seeing out if on lower floors
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Cath G

Dear travelers:
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Marina El CId Spa & Beach Resort I wish to thank you for your lovely review and for your stay with us.
We are so glad that you and your husband spent two relaxed weeks in our resort.
We will gladly share your nice comments with our hotel staff, by the way I just shared your pictures with our beach bar staff:)
We look forward to your next stay with us and we thank you once again for sharing your review and for your preference.
Cheers amigos!