Booked this trip through a travel agent for a NW Airlines package.
I wanted to fly a non-stop, scheduled flight, so was willing to pay the few extra dollars to arrive in the early afternoon. As has been reported here earlier, the road into the resort leaves something to be desired, but I certainly wouldn't let that be the deciding factor in choosing where to spend your vacation. I've been on much worse closer to home. Stop whining!
Check-in was very quickly accomplished. Front desk help was very pleasant, and they up-graded me to a junior suite with no prompting from me. Suite was nicely appointed with a great view of the pool and ocean beyond. After staying in this suite for the first night, I noticed that this room had previously broken into and would not lock properly. after a short time of language difficulties (my problem, not theirs) I was moved to another suite. All in all, I'd say that they handled this situation pretty well, no complaints from me! Every room has a well stocked, if small, refridgerator. If you ask they will change the stock to whatever you prefer, I.E. all beer, all coke, all water, whatever. This is all included in the all inclusive package, no extra charge.
Bathroom is interesting-two sinks in the main room, seperate shower room and seperate toilet room. No bath tub-could be difficult for families with young children.
Food was much better than other all inclusives I've been to. Breakfast was very good at both buffet restaurants, and reservations at the two ala carte spots were easy to obtain.
Entertainment was mediocre at best. Not much in the way of nightlife here. Young couples and singles beware, this place is almost dead after 10PM.
check-out was quick and easy. Every staff member I had the priviledge to meet was excedingly nice and eager to be of help.I would definately recommend this place to anyone wanting a quiet, relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya/Puerto Morelos, Mexico