“My safe was robbed and the caretaker disappeared the same day”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Suites 918 Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Morelos
Suites 918 Hotel
Ranked #26 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
canada
“My safe was robbed and the caretaker disappeared the same day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2007

A huge warning for those staying at hotels with safes with keys.
I just was robbed at the 918 Suites Hotel in Puerto Morelos.
The owner of the hotel called me on my cell phone while I was away from the hotel. She said the caretaker Miguel, had vanished from the hotel and she was leaving me a key so I could lock myself into the hotel gates at night as she was closing the hotel as it was just me and another couple staying for a long term. She also told me she had given him a large amount of money to buy property.
She said she was getting a new couple to caretake on March 1
that hasn't happened. Its now March 2.
Anyway, arriving at the hotel that night, I went into the safe to retrieve my money for paying my workers on Saturday who are building my house. The money was gone. My apartment door had been locked when I came home and the safe was still locked as well.
Obviously it could only be someone who had a key.I had had my key with me all day and still had it.
It was 2,700. US dollars in pesos that was missing
I was with the police and an interrpeter until 2 am. I called te owner as well and she gave the police the employees info and told me she would have the locks changed the next day.
I went back to town and found a friend whom I had sleep on the couch as I was afraid the guy might come back and I was alone.
The next day I paid an interpeter to come to the police station with me and file a report. I checked the status today, a week later, and they know where the guy is but have no proof to question him
so I thought I had better warn others.
The locks still have not been changed. We had left the owner a voice mail again requesting they be done, but she did not respond to it.
She did put broom handles in my room to lock the sliding door, but that only works when your in the room
So travellors be wary!