Plaskett Creek Campground
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Big Sur
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Lucia Lodge(Big Sur)
  • Breakfast included
Bernardus Lodge & Spa(Carmel Valley)
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
View Hotel
All reviewsflush toiletsbeach accessshort walkrunning waterwould stay here againhostssitessinkshighwaycampingcoasttreeswood
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I showed up 10pm on Memorial Day weekend and sweet talked a spot to park the juicy camper van. Score! Great spot to camp with kids. It has a nice beach across the street for the central California coast for fishing or surfing.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank 1awesomecloser
Reviewed 20 July 2016

If you can't get into Julia Pfeiffer Campground in Big Sur, or you're heading North on Hwy 1 and don't want to deal with all the traffic and curves, try Plaskett.

Great campground and well kept. New bathrooms, no showers though. Grass is green, dry camping only but most of the sites will fit a small RV. Ours is 26 foot and we fit a truck and the trailer in site #12. Others will work too.

Suggest you call the camp host to find the best site, before you book.

Great hiking trails all over the place. Beach access to Sand Dollar. Very nice beach for kids.

Room Tip: Site #12 works for larger RV's. Will handle 40 foot motorhome or 30 foot truck/trailer.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Russ L
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We didn't have a reservation so left wed. Morning and hoped for a spot. It payed off and for a great first come spot with a view of the ocean. There is grass everywhere so not a lot of dirt. Kids on bikes and scooter having the time of their lives. They can accommodate bicycle riders also. The hosts are great on that they run the park, so no out of control parties. This has a beach across the road that you can walk to from camp.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

We go with a large number of families and stay at one of the large group sites. It's sometimes cold, but usually gorgeous, so just plan accordingly. We have a great time, no cell service whatsoever.. And it's so good for the very large group of kids we bring. Great hiking, beach across the street. Highly recommend. Bathrooms in group sites are outhouses. Flush toilets on the main site. My only issue.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2016

I camped at the hike-bike campsite here for one night. Overall it was a pleasant experience except for that the squirrels ransacked my panniers. But it was my fault: I underestimated their ability to get into my all-buckled-up panniers. There is running water and toilet. The campsite faces the entrance directly, which means you'll see and hear cars very easily. I have been warned that there's plenty poison oak, I even bought a pair of gloves for it, but I didn't see much poison oak. It's close to Jade Cove, literally 2 minutes' walk.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo