Plaskett Creek Campground
US$1,300
US$1,525
SmithHotels.com
Bernardus Lodge & Spa(Carmel Valley)
US$385
  • Restaurant
Lucia Lodge(Big Sur)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsflush toiletsno electricitybeach accessshort walkrunning waterwould stay here againboth nightshostssitessinkshighwaycampingcoasttreesrestroomswood
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My husband and I recently stayed at Plaskett Creek Campground over the Labor Day holiday and We had the luck to meet Miranda and Bobby McGhee as the camp Hosts, and they are awesome! We have camped at Plaskett for past 30 years and they are the best hosts we have come across! , They are friendly, helpful, knowledgable, they keep the place really clean which is hard to do in the woods! They were able to fit us in on a walk-up basis even though we had to move from site to site for just one nite, we where happy to have a spot! They have tons of wood for purchase as well. They always had a smile on their faces, they are living the dream and they helped up do that too! We will definitely be back, hopefully not on Nacimento Road though!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Great views of the coast. You do have to cross the highway to get to the beach, but it's not a busy stretch. Bathrooms are weird... very big, with only sink and toilet, no electricity. Kind of in the middle of no where when it comes to grocery stores and gas.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie O
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Booked Plaskett creek as our first booking at a different camp site was cancelled due to the forest fires, I really loved the location right across from the beach and it was so nice hearing the sea at night when going to sleep and waking up to it in the mornings, As it is not a big campsite it was quiet and peaceful we stayed for two nights in October and it was fully booked both nights. The only downside was the lack of showers which I did know when I travelled there so was no surprise also the restrooms were not very clean and the size of each stall seemed a waste of space one big room with just a toilet and sink in.When we visited there was no water in taps in sinks due to the fires but there is drinking water in outdoor taps located around the site.
The only real negative for us as we have travelled overseas we could not bring all our camping equipment so bought charcoal and barbecue food from a shop only to find out that there was fire restrictions still in place so no campfires or barbecues allowed only gas barbecues this is understable but just be prepared when you arrive. All in all a great location and I would recommend it. our site 21 had a great view of the sea.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We split our time between Plaskett and Kirk Creek. Loved both. This site is on the side of the highway away from the beach. Lots of shade, potable water, and flush toilets. A lot of families seem to come here, but there is plenty of space, and the atmosphere was lovely. I can't stress how great it is to have access to water in this area. Also, Sand Dollar beach is across the street and it's a beautiful place to sirens an afternoon or morning. Camp hostess was lovely. All in all a great experience and nice place to pitch a tent. Btw, reserve in advance!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2016

I decided on this campground as an introduction to the Big Sur area. I had a terrible time trying to get my trailer into a space that was big enough based on the campsite overview. When a ranger simply suggested that I disconnect the trailer and reset my truck to try a different approach his supervisor removed him from the situation. This was (by far) the most valuable piece of advice that I received. The rangers chose to sit aside and ensure that they did not incur liability vs. trying to help a camper having troubles. That being said there is very little around this area. We had to travel over an hour to get to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Nothing much to recommend here, if I had to do it over again I'd go elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family