“Spectacular Coastline”

Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park
Ranked #5 of 35 things to do in Big Sur
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Beautiful area of the coast. We had a great time camping here with my kiddos. I would definitely recommend that you plan on having a great time.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We took a tram from the Monterey side of Highway 1 to the park. Then we hiked up a brutal (for me ) newly erected 500 foot elevation trail to get to the Big Sur side of Highway 1. I hated my tour guide cousin on the way up, but on the way down I really got to enjoy the beauty of this place. Gorgeous redwoods towered over the trail. I was surprised that many of the trees looked dead and burnt, but had green leaves at the top. We didn't go on any other trails but I was happy that I got to see a redwood forest so close to where I was staying in Monterey.

1  Thank Cytra K
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We were excited to stay in the Big Sur area despite the issues with the roads being washed away. We planned our trip and scheduled a date to camp in Big Sur Campground in the state park. This is a very large campground. There were sites with 5 to 6 tents per site and 20 or more people in the site. The sites were not private. There were many large groups from a variety of other cultures. They were loud. Really loud! All night long! There was one guy who kept screaming Oh over and over again and they were blasting music way past the campground quiet time. And we heard a chainsaw and a generator. If you want to go camping to party and drink this is the place for you. If you want to go camping with your family look elsewhere. The place was so crowded that the bathrooms were packed. The shower was gross and people were bathing their kids in the big sinks outside the bathroom area. On another note the scenery in the Big Sur area is stunning. It's worth driving through to see it.

2  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed 9 July 2017

We have been many places and I always tell people that Highway 1 is the prettiest. The drive is gorgeous and the views are amazing. You have to experience this for yourself!

1  Thank ginat4134
Reviewed 8 July 2017

It was a beautiful day to visit Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, so I'm glad we made the trip from Monterey. Much of the park was closed, but what we saw was so worthwhile. Would love to come back again when the park is back to normal.

1  Thank GraceMarieGMC