“Lunch”

Ranked #14 of 99 Restaurants in Stretford
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The ribs were drier than usual, the buffet was limited and no seafood whatsoever. I asked for a Tom yam seafood soup but was told only vegetables. There was no Thai tea or jasmine tea and in the end they recommended we try a flower tea which again wasn't that great. The buffet was priced £15.95, I was looking for a really authentic Thai food which I didn't get.

LM232013, Guest Relations Manager at ChaoBaby, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to review us Antonio’s P, and for letting us know what we can do better for you next time. I will share this with the team, we are sorry to let you down in this occasion.

I do hope you can give us a second chance.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was our first time visiting and the food was great, a little spicy overall but we really enjoy the green curry. Chris the manager was marvellous, he took us to our table and explained to us where everything are and all the procedure, he also told us a story about Thai food history. He suggested the Mojito and went to make the cocktail for us himself which was surprising and the drink was splendid. The only minor flaw is that I had to mix the curry into the rice which I didn't like doing, I informed the manager and he immediately went to get us a bowl and the curry. Excellent service and great food, will surely visit again.

Thanks so much for your review Roger D glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to us and the service from the team, hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

food was not great. it was edible. some of it was pretty dry due to it being a buffet.

The fresh soup option is great but they need to tell you its there. only found out towards the end.

service was good, staff were very helpful and smiley

LM232013, Guest Relations Manager at ChaoBaby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review us Alistair T, I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your overall experience. Thank you for your honesty I will share your feedback with the team and do hope you can give us another chance.

ChaoBaby Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited the restaurant with 3 friends last Wednesday 21st march. I never ate thai food. The food was delicious! The pad thai, the chicken soup and basil pork recommended by Miguel (employee) were amazing. Because we were spanish, our english it’s not good so Miguel help us with his spanish skills, rare thing in most of the restaurants in Manchester that we went to. Due to the good food and excellent service from Miguel, we wanted to express our opinion to future clients and strongly recommend in TripAdvisor.

1  Thank danielamartins1995
LM232013, Guest Relations Manager at ChaoBaby, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review us danielamartins1995, it's so great to hear you and your friends enjoyed dining with us. I can't wait to share your lovely comments with Miguel and the team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to us again soon.

Chaobaby Trafford Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dropped on here. Fantastic Thai buffet st lunchtime. Starters were great. Really enjoyed the steamed veg and the sticky sauce with them. Satay chicken was amazing. Spring rolls good. Mains were tasty as well. Need in oyster good. And the green curry. Loved the stir fry veg. So full I didn't make the puddings ! Best thing ? Iced water came in a metal camping cup. Really enjoyed it thanks.

Thank you for taking the time to review us , so glad to hear you enjoyed dining with us, can't wait to share your lovely comments with the team.

We can't wait to welcome you back to us again soon.

ChaoBaby Team