“Love a Thai and especially a good one ”

Tampopo Trafford Centre
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Stretford
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With 180 seats, it’s a firm favourite of the Trafford Centre. Our outside seating within the Orient’s upper food hall eats gives you chance to gaze on the busy shoppers; or get away from it all and dine inside watching our chefs work away. Great for refuelling during shopping trips, family teas or cinema eats. For enquiries and bookings please the restaurant directly
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

If you’re in the gorgeous Trafford centre and looking for something to eat. Please try this place.

Clean. Friendly staff and wonderful food. I’m a huge Thai food fan and have experienced a lot of restaurants that offer Thai food but I think I may have a winner here.

Only problem is, I live in London. I’m making it a necessity that every time I’m up here, I’m going to visit.

Date of visit: April 2018
Tampopo Traffor... C, Manager at Tampopo Trafford Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Hello

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy with your comments and also buzzed that you love what we strive to make perfect. We aim to be as authentic as we can, sourcing the best ingredients, and menu development and chef training in Thailand and South East Asia to cascade down to all our chefs.

We do have a branch in London which serves the exact same menu, It is called East Street and is based off Oxford Road- so not as far as you think.

We hope to see you again whether at Trafford Centre or London

Many thanks

Jo and the team

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing food, we always go for katsu udon soup and we always have a great if there's an issue it's immediately remedied, Joh is an outstanding member of staff too, we've been loads and never had a bad visit.

Hi

Why thank you so much for your amazing review!! Jo H was thrilled with your lovely kind words- she certainly enjoys serving all of our lovely customers as she always says "its like having a massive dinner party at my house- and these are all my guests!"

Our Katsu Udon Soup is exclusive to Tampopo and is becoming a firm customer favourite- we do listen to all of our customer feedback on the menu- so thank you so much for letting us know how much you love it.

We can't wait to see you again soon-

Ben and the team

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Came here on a Wednesday evening (father & 2 daughters) as Wagamama was closed?
We had corn fritters and fried tofu for starters - as well as some free spring rolls which they accidentally gave us. Spring rolls were very plain, so glad we didn’t pay for them. The other starters were very yummy - only a little oily though.
For mains I had the tamarind duck which was very nice and a decent portion, but the duck was over cooked and chewy. The massam curry however was very good, as well as the hot and spicy tofu stir fry. Also ordered a side of cucumber salad which was very nice and 2 for 1 cocktails!
Generally really scrummy food but I prefer wagamamas to be honest.

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us- what a shame we didn't wow you enough- maybe give us another visit and we can tempt you with our signature dishes? A noodle challenge??!!

Please ask for Jo or Ben and lets see if we can change your mind

We hope to see you again soon

#noodlekings
#givetheunderdogsachance

Jo and the team

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Came here with my daughter for the first time. The young lass who served us was lovely.She helped us pick dishes out for my daughter who is allergic to shellfish.She couldn't have been more helpful and it was much appreciated.
We had sticky wings & spring rolls to start with. The spring rolls were amazing.My Laksa Soup was really tasty too,very hot.
Overall it was a very nice meal served by lovely staff and at a reasonable price.We enjoyed it very much & I wouldn't hesitate to eat here again.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

My mother and I visit the Trafford Centre on a regular basis, and have done so since it first opened. We always have something to eat whilst we are there, and have tried all of the restaurants on offer in the Trafford Centre. For the last approximate 18 months, we continually eat at Tampopo. The food is very good, fresh, cooked to order and well presented. The menu has plenty of choice. The service is always excellent. In particular, there are two members of staff who stand out. They are Mai, and a young lady with blonde hair and an Eastern European accent, whose name we unfortunately do not know. Both ladies are extremely hardworking and incredibly polite. I hope that both members of staff are informed of this review, as we often find (owning and running our own businesses) that members of the public are always very quick to criticise; yet good feedback does not always find it's way to members of staff who deserve to be credited for their work.