See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Christine helped me out when another house we had rented became not available 3 weeks before our trip. I found Watford Studios and thankfully Christine had availability. We stayed in the smaller Studio 1 and it was fine for our needs. The best part is the location- 2 min walk to both bus stops as well as the private beach which was great to enjoy when you didn't have a lot of time or just wanted to relax and watch the sunset- spectacular! Beautiful view over Mangrove Bay towards Cambridges and David Bowie's house! :) You can also swim from the back of the house which is nice. The hosts were great and the location was fabulous. I love the West End of Bermuda! You can message me if you would like for me to send you photos.

Date of stay: July 2011
Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank Suska13
Reviewed 28 May 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Watford Studios and had a lovely time. They are the perfect hosts! Christine and her husband are the nicest couple and were available to accommodate all our needs. I can't say enough nice things about them. The apartment was lovely and roomy. There's a full kitchen, living room, bath and bedrooms(s). The view was nice and we loved having a private balcony and patio. They were almost complete with major renovations, so the photos on their website did not do the place justice. Lovely, quaint and worth every penny. Next time we go to Bermuda we'll definitely stay with them. Loved it.

Date of stay: May 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Dallas_TXTravelgal
Reviewed 5 November 2007

My wife and I honeymooned at Watford Studio II. We found this apartment on the web while searching various accomodations on the islands. We too wanted to avoid overly priced resorts and the crowds as well. Christine was great in responding quickly to emails and answering several questions we had well before leaving the U.S. We felt confident through all our correspondence that we were entering into a safe investment for our honeymoon experience. Upon our arrival to the unit, we were not let down at all. First of all, we arrived quite late in the evening (11pm) and their daughter drove us in her car to the local market so we could purchase food. That was above and beyond our expectations and greatly appreciated. The unit itself was as described and just as we expected to find it. We loved our accomodations at Studio II. The apartment was very clean throughout. It was very comfortably spaced for 2 people. Although the kitchen is small it sufficed for our purpose of preparing several dinners and breakfast during our week-long stay. Kitchen was stocked well. Bedroom was clean and bed was comfortable. A set of french doors opened up to the balcony. The balcony was our favorite aspect of the apt. It overlooked the bay and was great for eating meals and reading. Location of the Watford Studios was nice for us. It was extremely close to both a bus stop and a ferry stop as well. That was quite helpful since we used both modes of transportation on a daily basis to get around Bermuda. I strongly suggest acquiring a bus/ferry pass for your stay. The sundeck we used once and I snorkeled in the waters nearby. We would definitely stay here again in the future if we can make it back to Bermuda some day. We hope!

Date of stay: October 2006
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank coastalgeo
Reviewed 20 September 2007

excellent value for money, and is convenient for all you need to do. the owner is very helpful and relaxed, she took us to the store for groceries the first day we were there and gave us a couple of ferry & bus tickets FOC! It was a really relaxing holiday and I would recommend this apartment to anyone looking for a place to stay that has everything you need.

3  Thank derek500
Reviewed 1 August 2007

This was our second visit to this lovely Island of Bermuda. It is perhaps one of our favourite places in the World!

My wife and I were travelling with my mother-in-law so we needed a base with two separate units. Hotels are expensive and eating out isn't cheap so a self catering studio was a good option for budget travellers like us who like a little luxury along the way.

We found just the place - Watford Studios. Two, one bedroom units close together. They could be hired separately but my mother-in-law took the smaller Unit 1 and we had Unit 2 that had a separate kitchen and small lounge plus a balcony overlooking the Atlantic.

We took a taxi from the airport to Watford Studios at a cost of £30. This was the only major travel expense.

We were not disappointed. The first plus, was location. Situated a minute's walk from both Watford Bridge Ferry stop and a pink bus, bus stop. Perfect, as the only way to get about is by bus/ferry. £23 for a 7 day pass with unlimited travel on the island. The buses and ferry all run up to midnight and are very punctual.

Studio 2 was lovely. A first floor apartment on the hillside with a double balcony with views toward Hamilton and Bermuda Bay. The apartment was clean, simply furnished with tiled floors. The bedroom had aircon and it was just a perfect place to be for the week.

Studio 1 was slightly cheaper. It had a self contained bedroom, lounge and kitchen with separate bathroom. It had a nice fairly private patio with restricted views of the Atlantic. Again the place was clean and comfortably furnished.

To hire both was great as we ate and sat out in Studio 2 and my mother-in-law simply used her place to sleep, though she did sit out a few times on her private patio.

The owners lived in an adjoining house and were very hospitable. Christine could not be a better host. She ran us to the Supermarket - a five minute drive away - on the first night when we arrived. She also bought our 7 day passes for us - a plus as you need to go into Hamilton to buy them normally so we were all ready for off with our passes first thing the following day.

As mentioned, the ferry and bus stop are yards away and we watched the ferries come and go throughout our stay. Dockyard is only 10 minutes by ferry and 30 minutes into Hamilton. We went to all corners of these lovely islands during our one week stay and can only say that we will return to Bermuda again and again.

The island is very safe, the people are very friendly and there are few places if any that you would feel uncomfortable walking around even at night (unlike some other Caribbean Islands)

We ate out 3/7 nights fairly cheaply at one of two or three local restaurants. I would recommend the Salt Rock Grill Restaurant that was only a short walk away. Good choice of food and some nights there was an 'all you can eat' barbeque. You could sit outside with fantastic sunset views over Mangrove Bay.

The Studios also had a private jetty where we could sunbathe and swim quite safely. There was no beach here but there are plenty of pink sandy beaches to visit around the island. The nearest to Watford was only a five minute walk away with further beached 10 and 15 minutes away toward Cambridge.

During our stay I retraced the site of the Bermuda Railway. The railway trail makes a great off-road walk and you can retrace it almost the full length of the island. I hope to create a website on the history railway www.bermudarailway.co.uk in the coming months.

On our return to the airport we took the ferry to Hamiltion. We could have boarded a bus from there to the airport but a taxi only cost £12.

I would definitely recommend Watford Studios - in particular Studio 2. The costs are affordable for Bermuda probably as they are well out of Hamilton. Don’t be put off by this as no one goes anywhere quickly in Bermuda and after all the island is only 20 miles long.

Date of stay: June 2007