See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Watford Studios II was perfect for our family of 4 (with 2 teenagers). It has plenty of room inside and out. Public transportation runs very efficiently and both ferry and bus stops are located just steps away. Sylvia Wilson met us at the airport and taxied us across the island while pointing out all the places of interest. Christine kindly drove us to the grocery store right after we landed. This helped us so much. We had time to make dinner that night after a long day of catching flights. After we purchased monthly bus passes (perfect for beach hopping) we could buy groceries from the Marketplace grocery store just 5 minutes away by bus.
You can take the ferry to Hamilton from the stop right outside of the apartment (from Monday to Friday). The Cafe du Quai restaurant at the ferry stop serves breakfast and lunch although we never tried it. The ferry to St. George can be accessed at the dockyards, a short bus ride away.
There were a collection of pretty potted succulent plants in the private courtyard that flowered while we were visiting. Geckos and cats visited us daily. Many snorkeling spots are close by: Church Bay, Daniel's Head beach, Mangrove bay and even the Great Sound in front of the apartment.
This was a great spot for a family to explore Bermuda from.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Staying at Watford Studios was the first of a two part vacation. My wife and I have been to Bermuda before but always stayed with family previously. This time, we were down for a wedding and had a room at the Princess Southampton for 3 nights, and decided to make a week vacation out of it. We looked at the Watford Studio II due to the proximity on the island to the hotel (20 min drive) and thanks to the wonderful reviews here on TripAdvisor we decided to take the chance - and I am so glad we did.

The place is AWESOME! As other reviews have pointed out, its pretty much perfect for transportation. Bus and Ferry right out the front door, plus taxi's are frequently stopped at the ferry terminal. We had kids (2yrs & 10 month old) and getting around was a breeze. If you are weary of taking buses - in Bermuda there are 3 main roads, North, Middle & South. The busses and taxi's take the same route just about everywhere - so buy a bus pass and save a bunch of money. Bus drivers were super friendly, and you just tell them where you're going and they'll stop the bus and tell you when to get off. If you don't have small kids, then nothing beats a scooter on the island.

As for the accommodations themselves, they were perfect for our family. Christine (the owner) was away for the week, but her son Nick was there running the place, and he was friendly and attentive. The internet went down on our second day, but he let me connect to the main house internet for the rest of the week. Nick also drove us to the grocery store shortly after we arrived to pick up food for the week. This was a wallet saver, groceries are expensive in Bermuda... but eating out is WAY more! The rooms & beds were huge, and up on the second floor was perfect for putting the kids to bed at night/nap the 'adults' could still play on the main floor without worry of waking them up. The kitchen was well equipped, and there is a BBQ on the patio. Check the Pic I uploaded for our dinner view every night... stunning!

The location is really nice, the Pics make it look really close to the main road, but it was far enough behind a couple other properties there was no road noise whatsoever at Watford II. The dock out front was nice to swim off for a quick dip without having to worry about getting full of sand. The beach across the road was just OK by Bermuda standards. But was a million times better than anything I get at home. It wouldn't take much to clean up some of the broken chairs and toys cluttering the beach and it would go a long way, but again - I'm comparing it to the fancy south shore beaches which are world famous for their beauty, the local beach wasn't that bad. The little village of Sommerset was just a 5 min walk, and there are a couple restaurants there. We ate lunch at the Country Squire (I think that was the name) and it was good. Just pub grub, but was perfect after a day on the water. There is a small boat rental place at the other end of Mangrove bay, I rented a sailboat for a morning and that was one of my favorite parts of the trip. I sailed up around Kings Point over to Daniels Head while picking up various family members who were spending the day at Summerset Long bay beach. Summerset Long bay is big beach about 20min walk from Watford II.

This was my first big trip with the kids, and my first "cottage" rental. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the way to go when travelling with children. The benefits of having a kitchen, multiple bedrooms (and two floors) made this our home away from home for the quick 5 days we stayed here. When we checked into the hotel (which was almost twice the price btw) we were 2 adults, 2 kids in a hotel room the size of ONE bedroom at Watford Studios. I'll save that story for another review, but I will be definitely look at Watford Studio again for our next trip to the island.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mrtesty
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My parents were staying at the nearby Cambridge Beaches Resort for a week and we came to Bermuda to join them for a long weekend.

We stayed in Watford Studio I, the perfect location for us as it was only a 15 minute walk to the resort. However, if I was coming for a weeks vacation, I would recommend staying nearer St. Georges as apart from the dockyards it is a long way from all the other tourist attractions.

The studio was very clean, modern and had all the amenities anyone could want and they all worked well.

Christine who owned the apartment and her family were very friendly and helpful when we met them. However, there were a few areas for improvement:

1) Before arriving we asked a number of questions via email and occasionally found she was not very responsive and we had to follow up after a couple of weeks.
2) Over the weekend we couldn't get hold of her by phone as the office phone number was disconnected and we didn't have a cell phone number to call her on.
3) There were no instructions on how to connect to the WiFi. Due to 2) it was only on our last day that we got the details we needed to use it.

1), 2), 3) could be easily solved by leaving WiFi instructions and a working cell phone number in the studio.

If you want a quiet location on the island for a reasonable price (for Bermuda), I would highly recommend Watfords Studio.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lonjf2
BdaTri, Owner at Watford Studios, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Thank you very much for submitting a positive review of our location. There are a couple of points that I would like to clarify.

Bermuda is 22 miles long and one mile wide so everything is pretty close wherever you are! Bermuda has an excellent public transportation system if you do not wish to hire bikes. We are fortunate, in the West End, to have the ferry as well as the buses providing transportation options for the entirety of the Island.

There are many different tourist attractions all over the Island. St. George's is an amazing World Heritage site that is well worth visiting as are the Crystal Caves and Aquarium that are closer to that end of the Island as well.

However, if you are interested in beaches and water sports the West End is definitely where you need to be! Our famous Horseshoe Beach, and the main southern beaches are a 10 minute drive from us and are much closer to the West End. Most of the water tour operators are based in Dockyard. In addition to the numerous boat tours operating from Dockyard, you have Fantasea Diving, Hartley's Underwater Adventures (you don't even have to be able to swim to go underwater with Greg!) You can go para-sailing from Dockyard and rent boats to cruise around under your own steam.

You also have Robinson's Marina at Somerset Bridge where you can also rent boats, take a jet-ski tour and learn to water-ski.

For golfers Port Royal - Home of the PGA Grand Slam of Golf is just down the road, as is the golf academy driving range (which also has a great crazy golf course to occupy the kids while mum's and dad's practice on the driving range!)

I could go on ... as a matter of fact, this review has inspired me and I will make sure that I have a page on our website www.watfordstudios.bm devoted to the tourist attractions of the West End in the very near future!!

I have responded directly to the guest in relation to the 3 points raised.

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Christine helped me out when another house we had rented became not available 3 weeks before our trip. I found Watford Studios and thankfully Christine had availability. We stayed in the smaller Studio 1 and it was fine for our needs. The best part is the location- 2 min walk to both bus stops as well as the private beach which was great to enjoy when you didn't have a lot of time or just wanted to relax and watch the sunset- spectacular! Beautiful view over Mangrove Bay towards Cambridges and David Bowie's house! :) You can also swim from the back of the house which is nice. The hosts were great and the location was fabulous. I love the West End of Bermuda! You can message me if you would like for me to send you photos.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank Suska13
Reviewed 28 May 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Watford Studios and had a lovely time. They are the perfect hosts! Christine and her husband are the nicest couple and were available to accommodate all our needs. I can't say enough nice things about them. The apartment was lovely and roomy. There's a full kitchen, living room, bath and bedrooms(s). The view was nice and we loved having a private balcony and patio. They were almost complete with major renovations, so the photos on their website did not do the place justice. Lovely, quaint and worth every penny. Next time we go to Bermuda we'll definitely stay with them. Loved it.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Dallas_TXTravelgal