“Amazing Food and New Owners ”
Review of The Bengal

The Bengal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I recently left a Hit and Miss review and was asked to call in and try the new menu. Absolutely the right thing to do. Friendly new owners, amazing food. Two of us went and are both quite particular about our food.

I had the chicken murgh massala house speciality and my friend had the lamb dopiaza balti. Both were great dishes. The lamb melted in the mouth and the murgh massala was something unlike I'd tasted before. Again cooked to perfection and just the right heat after discussing my preferred tastes with the waiter.

Another bonus for me as a non drinker, they do Cobra Zero served nice and cold..

All in all a great place to eat and much better than I had previously experienced..

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I recently went to The Bengal as we were visiting my sister who lives in Ipswich and she is a regular there. This is one of the few traditional looking curry houses that are left and it is not a massive restaurant but it comfortably accommodated our party of 15.

The main point I would like to make from this review is all about the food. It was absolutely delicious. I visit curry houses a lot and it is so easy to get wrong but this one is spot on. From their starters to their main dishes everything tastes delicious. As there were a lot of us, I managed to sample quite a few dishes and the stand out ones were a roll they do that is a naan bread with a chicken tikka and cheese filling, that alone is enough to make me want to eat at the Bengal again. Main dishes wise I enjoyed the lamb bhuna and also the south Indian garlic lamb but honestly when I tried some of the dishes that other family members had ordered, everything was tasty. I was not disappointed at all and they managed to get out hot piping food to us all within a reasonable amount of time so we weren't waiting for everyone to have food in front of them before we tucked in. I will definitely be visiting the Bengal when I go to Ipswich again!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Miss_Sara_2013
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Recently stayed in Wickham Market, strolled down to The Bengal to get a takeaway as I had my little dog with me, they offered us to eat in and it wasn't a problem that the dog was with me. Excellent service, excellent food, very attentive and nothing was too much bother.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We went last night and had a great experience. Food was amazing and we all enjoyed it. The staff were helpful and efficient. They had even decorated the table for a birthday and they chef had made a birthday cake all without us asking which was a lovely surprise. We will all go there again!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Had a few takeaways from the Bengal, and they were all fine.. however, the last couple of times I've eaten in or had takeaways there has been issues with the food
Will still use, but little disappointed

4  Thank tpc123
Mahbub A, Manager at The Bengal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thanks for using the Bengal. Sorry to hear you had issue's. When ordering next time please ask for the manager and we will try our utmost best to ensure you enjoy your meal with us. We aim for 100 satisfaction and would always be willing to rectify our mistakes. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks