“Excellent”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Staying in Framlingham for the weekend and found this restaurant just a few miles away. What a great choice this was. Quirky old building. Huge choice on the menu with lots of different variations on run of the mill Indian food being a Bengali restaurant. We ordered a few different things from what we usually would with recommendations from the waiter. The food was delicious. Spicy but not overly hot. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The waiters couldn't do enough for us. Even when the dessert menu came I wanted kulfi which wasn't on there and they got this for me.
A definite "must" for anyone in the area looking for good Indian food.
Will most definitely be back!

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Excellent service as always - the owner is always so welcoming. The food was delicious with plenty to chose from their extensive menu.

So pleased new owner is doing so well.

Cannot fault.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We haven't been for an Indian meal for a very long time, but having read reviews about The Bengal I couldn't wait to try it. It was truly delicious and when you walk away already planning when to go back ... you know you have had a lovely time. See you soon, and I can't wait.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the bengal for my husbands birthday with friends ,as we know mac from when he worked in needham wanted to see his new restaurant he has taken over with his business partner .
We was not disappointed lovely cosy restaurant and the food was outstanding ,everything from the starters and the new bengal roll to the main dishes ,everything was cooked so lovely and fresh and tasted so good ,tried the goat for the first time was so tender.
They are slowly making improvements putting new toilets in the restaurant but hope they don’t change it to much as it has character.
Thanks again mac and the team for a lovely evening and will be back again soon it was by far the best Indian meal i have ever had

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I recently left a Hit and Miss review and was asked to call in and try the new menu. Absolutely the right thing to do. Friendly new owners, amazing food. Two of us went and are both quite particular about our food.

I had the chicken murgh massala house speciality and my friend had the lamb dopiaza balti. Both were great dishes. The lamb melted in the mouth and the murgh massala was something unlike I'd tasted before. Again cooked to perfection and just the right heat after discussing my preferred tastes with the waiter.

Another bonus for me as a non drinker, they do Cobra Zero served nice and cold..

All in all a great place to eat and much better than I had previously experienced..