TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdining roomold buildinggreat viewhardanger fjordbreakfast was includedno problemfirst classcruise shipseparate bedroomwhite tableclothspublic roomsrooms are cleanhotel restaurantgenerous balconynice locationlonger stayswiss chalet style
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this hotel as part of a group of tourists on a day excursion of the Hardangerfiord from a visiting cruise ship berthed in Bergen. A very comfortable and friendly hotel which offered a very tasty buffet lunch which included a wide choice of both hot and cold Norwegian dishes. The hotel is in a lovely location and very close to the town centre. Highly recommended for local food and accommodation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Roger B
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Yesterday, our large group from a cruise ship arrived for lunch. We were a little early yet everything was ready for us. Let me point out: our group numbered more than 80 total! The staff were friendly and efficient, the atmosphere warm and inviting with ironed white tablecloths and historic details everywhere. And the food: this was probably one of the best buffet lunches I have had in a very long time! (And I've worked as a guide for more than 20 years). Both hot and cold dishes were laid out invitingly and labeled. Questions about the delicious cream cake was expertly answered by the chef. Everything was spotless, including the lavatories. Our guests raved about the food and our short stay here. I would recommend any and all large groups to book their meals here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank 1302travel
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Probably the nicest hotel I stayed at during my 10 day trip to Norway. I had the best of both worlds here - very comfortable modern room in the new part of the hotel, and enjoyed the beautiful design and charm of the lobby / restaurant area in the old part. Also one of the few decent meals I had in Norway at the restaurant. One neat thing is the smart tv in the room had netflix so if you have a netflix account you can sign in. Perfect for chilling out on my last night in Norway after a lot of long hikes and drives.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new part of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This is a hotel of two halves: a grand old hotel set on the shore of the fjord with lawn and seating on the water's edge; and a rather minimalist wing which houses a conference centre and probably most of the rooms. Some have outstanding peaceful fjord side views. Others set back probably had a partial fjord view over the car park.

Our two bedroom suite was spacious and had generous balcony and kitchennete.

The public rooms were high ceilinged, traditional old Norwegian, wood labelled with good views.

The food was good and most of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Julian S
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We visited this hotel a hot day and was unlucky to get a room at the old part. We got a room at the top 3rd floor with no elevator and no aircon. we had to open all windows to the busy street to be able to sleep. The rooms are of course outdated but large. I believe the new part of hotel have all needful... The location is very nice close to the fjords and the staff is superfriendly. That alone rises the grade to a 3. The parking and wifi was free and breakfast was included which have both warm and cold dishes.

Room Tip: Do not get a room at old part, be sure to get one at new part
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple