All reviewsrecommend this hotellovely hotelhotel is locatedthermal waterspapools
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We booked a standard room AND a surplus for a junior suite. In total we stayed two nights. Honestly: it is not worth the money... Let me explain why. 1) the building is constructed in such a way that all the rooms have more or less the same view - right on the road... While the hotel is located in "the mountains" - you do not see a lot of them. 2) we payed extra for the junior suite and the only thing we got out of that was a more spacious room - for the rest: no extra's like a coffee machine to make your own coffee in the morning.... 3) the rooms are not really tastefully decorated.... Meaning: it is all "new" but made old.... and thus fake... I think the appropriate word is "kitsch".... but OK: that is a matter of taste... 4) the hotel is really huge... a lot of corridors a lot of rooms, different buildings and elevators - not easy to find your way. And now come the worst part: you have to pay for everything. Really everything... From the moment you check it they start telling you how much it cost for thermal bath number 1... (for two hours,.... euro, meaning a discount of.... euro compared with regular guests), the cost for thermal bath number 2 (same story....)... So if you expect to go to the swimming pool, forget it... The outdoor swimming pools are part of the "Spa" and thus need to be paid extra.... (fine by me but than do not position your hotel on your website as if it is all included). I can imagine it is no fun at all when you arrive with kids and they can not use the swimming pools unless you pay (per two hours :-).... If you want to use the gym, you have to pay 5 euro. I have been traveling a lot and still do, but I never ever had this story..... Water in the room: you pay.... And finally when I used the gym (after paying my 5 euro) there was no refreshment (water !!!) in the gym and I did not receive towels at the reception.... Well to cut it short: I think this hotel has forgotten all about the hotel business meaning: hospitality and welcoming travellers....
Two stars of light: breakfast buffet was really really great (and you could have breakfast till 11:00 AM !) and the staff was friendly (although they are trained to "sell".... when you check in :-)) We will not return and I would not recommend this hotel to friends or to you, reader. Final remark: when I noticed the fact that there was no water in the gym, the lady @ reception apologized and told me she would bring it to the attention of the management. I hope there is water now (because it is really not OK to let people sport without water) and when I got my final bill at check-out the 5 euro was not charged. I appreciated that gesture.

Room Tip: I think the suite gives you not an added value....
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris V
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

I have being here 2 times, and, If you want to relax in a nice spanish town this is a nice place.
The rooms and bathrooms are very spacious and clean.
Great views if you do walk or treckings around town or mountain.
The place has a very good restaurant, expensive, but, worth it.
But if you want deep heavy good "favada Asturiana" in front of hotel there is a tipical spanish bar at corner with locals.
The hotel has a nice spa! You must try, also worth it and personnel very helpfull !

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Las Caldas

This is a MUST visit if you like hot springs and have a car. I travel around the world and have visited many hotsprings in China, Japan, New Zealand, Europe etc and this one is one of the cleanest and most beautiful Roman style hot springs I have ever been to. I booked with tripadvisor for the best deal which included entrance to the hot springs as well as pool and breakfast. The thermal hot spring was beautiful and wasn't full of people at all. There's a glass ceiling in which you can see the outside and the trees. There's sauna, steam room, whirlpool, diff temp pools (but non are as hot as those in Asia).

Room was very nice as well. There's garden to talk a short walk and see some goats.

The only thing about this hotel is that they don't speak much English and its about 10 min drive from Oviedo. But you can get by with some translation apps in your phone.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We came to the hotel after celebrating our wedding,location is perfect,quite and with great views.Our room was decorated with rose petals(I ordered that in during of my booking,charged 10 euros) but nobody offered us welcome champagne or basket of fruits or something for just married couple.It is normal practice for 5 stars hotel.Personal wasn't so friendly.Consider that better to enjoy only spa in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2016

I stayed at Gran Hotel Las Caldas as I was looking for a quiet, relaxing stay for my business trip to relax after a busy day. I found the place interesting - a combination of old architecture with new built architecture

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view room!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business