The hotel is a few miles north of Shrewsbury which is only a ten miles drive. I would much prefer to be outside of the town centre and to have a nice countryside view.
An efficient check in at the hotel and we were allocated a superior twin room in the newer extension which was large, modern and clean. Breakfasts on both mornings were tasty with lots of choice.
The pool and spa are great. Only one gripe, it would be great if the hotel could put signs up to remind people to show before using the pool!!! Almost every person seen getting into the pool was bone dry. Not very hygienic.
Some were even coming straight from the sauna into the pool.
In summary a great stay and I would recommend the hotel to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 300 year old Shropshire House, a 4 star hotel with 87 en suite rooms, overlooks an ornamental lake in 15 acres of gardens in the heart of Shropshire just 2 miles from the medieval town of Shrewsbury. 30 min from the M6, J10A. Ideal for visiting Chester, Shrewsbury Abbey and the Severn Valley steam railway. Newly refurbished The Orchid Rooms at Inspiration Leisure and Spa offers a gym, fitness classes, a pool, relaxation lounge and thermal suite including a sauna, steam room, ice room, and six treatment rooms, two of which are doubles. 24 hr room service. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury
- Albrighton Hall Hotel
- Accor Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury
- Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel And Spa