Chan-Kah Resort Village(Palenque)
US$46
US$64
US$42
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$49/night.

US$45
US$44
US$49
US$48
US$44
US$38
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$52/night.

Hotel Xibalba(Palenque)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$30
US$31
  • Pool
All reviewscoffee makerhuge supermarketado bus stationbeddingtaxiluggagewifi
Reviewed 26 March 2016

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. There was a great pool right outside the pool equipped with tables, hammocks, and poolside chairs. The hotel also offered large pool towels. The hotel provided very quick taxis to any place as well as tours for many different activities. The wifi was slow, but all else was wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2016

We stayed 3 separate nights on our way in and out of Palenque. Our two girls, ages 6 and 8, loved the play area even though they were a little large for it. The pool is large and has a smaller shallower area for kids who can't swim. The courtyard is pretty and the pool table enticing. This is was the only place we stayed where there was a garafon of water available to fill our Camelbaks, something we really appreciate.

The first night we ate dinner in the on-site restaurant, Mexico Lindo. I had eaten most of my chicken before I noticed that it was only half cooked, the middle completely raw. We showed it to the waiter and he shrugged and took it away, unconcerned. No one else came to check on us. I didn't get sick, but all that night and the next day my husband was, so we did not eat any more meals there but chose to walk down the street to the hotel zone a few blocks away and eat there.

The rooms are simple but adequate. We had two different ground floor rooms, both looking out on the pool. In the second one the A/C unit started vibrating/squealing in the middle of the night and wouldn't stop so we had to turn it off. My husband went to the front desk to ask for a fan and they gave us theirs so I assume there are no extras in the hotel.

With four of us in the room we continually had to ask for additional towels and toiletries (they only supplied 2 towels) but they were brought promptly when we asked. The front desk staff only spoke Spanish, and we don't know much but we managed to figure things out. They were accommodating when we added on an extra night at the end of our stay and the pricing is the same as similar hotels in the nearby hotel zone. The wifi worked well enough; I noticed it lost signal when I walked in the bathroom, but Palenque doesn't have good internet anywhere so I was glad to have any at all.

Having the Chedraui supermarket next door was convenient for getting food and the ATM but the traffic of the road out front was loud. We couldn't hear it from our room, only from the front and when we went out. It is right down the street from the ADO bus station. Next time I would prefer the quieter hotel zone but this worked well for this trip.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ablynch
Reviewed 4 January 2016

The hotel was comfortable. The rooms were clean and spacious, the restaurant was good, and the services such as the pool and pool table were great. We thought it to be a bit on the expensive side, and the wifi did not work properly.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

This was the worse of all of my stays. Room smelled terribly by bugs deratization, so we asked to be moved to other one. Unfortunately the same and personal didn't share our concerns. Plus ground floor, next to the pool, no bars, no mosquito net. So this was very painful night. Wrote to hotel complain, didn't bother to reply. No, no, no!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2015

The service and attitude of the staff at this hotel was simply awful. We had made a booking directly with a member of the sales staff at the hotel for a largish group about 10 days in advance and put down a deposit for the rooms. When we arrived we were informed that, despite having paid the deposit, our reservation had been cancelled (we had not received any notice of cancellation until this moment). The desk staff were in no way helpful and did not want to honour the agreed upon price (for which a deposit had been paid) and instead wanted to charge an inflated "last minute" rate, despite it being 9pm and unlikely that anyone else was going to arrive looking for a room. Eventually, after spending the better part of an hour waiting around to find out if we had somewhere to sleep, we crammed as many people as we could into the rooms that were available, while a few members of the group were forced to find accommodation elsewhere.

I ended up staying in one of the "executive" rooms. It was comfortable and the facilities were quite good. The sizeable clump of hair I encountered upon entering the bathroom for the first time notwithstanding, it was pretty clean.

The buffet breakfast was nice, but at 120 pesos, somewhat pricey.

Based purely on the terrible customer service, I don't think I would ever go back there.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends