Chan-Kah Resort Village(Palenque)
Hotels.com
US$67
US$44
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$50/night.

US$47
US$40
BestDay.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$46/night.

US$31
US$44
US$43
Agoda.com
US$96
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 May 2015

We stayed here for one night on a 28 day Central America trip. The hotel is conveniently located near to the Mayan ruins in Palenque. We were kindly offered a cold and very welcome drink on arrival. Check in was efficient.

A large chalet style room with 2 double beds. TV with only a few channels and non in English. Reasonable shower room with large shower, though the water flow was weak. Separate toilet area. No balcony. The room was quite dark and could do with a refurb. We could not get wifi in our room, though others could.

There is a pleasant pool area with a pool bar. We had nice cocktails on the terrace overlooking the bend in the river and a reasonable meal in the restaurant.

Breakfast was ok and the coffee was good.

After being on the road for days, we could have stayed here an extra night, as it's a relaxing place.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2015

We recently stayed here for a few days and really enjoyed it. The rooms we had were clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly and the pool was a life-saver for kids after a long hot day walking around the ruins. We also used this place to go to Bonampak (we drove there and back in our own car and it's doable. We left by 9 am and were back by 6 pm). The breakfast was included which was also nice and the food was good. The river bed was nice for kids to explore - although they much rather preferred playing the pool! It's a nice place. A bit out of downtown Palenque but it's about 3 minutes by car to downtown and fairly cheap to take a taxi there. I would personally not eat at the hotel. There are far better choices downtown. They have different types of rooms; standard and standard plus. We stayed in standard and it was fine. It came with free Wifi...which was ok in the room, but better in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2015

We stayed as hotel as part of our tour of Mexico, the location was next to a river and it was very scenic. The hotel was clean but the décor was very brown (tiles, paint etc.) it needs refurbishment, it is just tired looking.
We had to pre-order our breakfast the night before, only to be asked what we wanted to eat the following morning(?).
Our evening meal was ok but others in our group weren't quite as lucky.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2015

I stayed at the Hotel Nututun Palenque in mid-March 2015 for a 1-night stay, enroute from visiting the archaeological site of Palenque before continuing towards San Cristóbal de las Casas the following day, on the fourth stage of my 18-day 'Mysteries of the Maya' holiday operated by Voyages Jules Verne.

For such a VERY short stay this hotel (we arrived quite late and departed early !) was quite adequate, but had we been staying longer the limitations of the location and (most significantly) the dining options on offer would have started to make things a little unsatisfactory - the room itself was fine and the hotel setting made things very pleasant though, especially as my group of 20 appeared to be the only residents that night....

As my stay was part of an organised tour I obviously don't know the 'true' cost of this hotel; our stay was on a 'bed and breakfast' tariff and my room was a 'standard' double.

The hotel is located a few km outside the town of Palenque in a somewhat isolated position; however, this allows it to be set in very attractive rural surroundings, with the public areas overlooking a wider 'pool' area of the meandering river Chacamax and the chalet-style 2-storey 'block' accommodation spread around expansive grounds. This makes things very peaceful but does improve the likelihood of an unwanted encounter with biting winged-insects....!!

The setting is really the strong point of this hotel, which is largely because if our dining experiences were anything to go by you may leave with memories of not just the hotel surroundings but also the symptoms of severe indigestion, even food poisoning.....

My room was fine, but our culinary experiences have allowed my memory to be 'fogged' and I don't remember much more about it - I'm quite sure it presented no great issues though. The scattered layout of the accommodation does mean you have a fair trog to/from your room to the public areas, passing a swimming pool which will add to the attractiveness for many I'm sure. The layout also contributes to the complete lack of in-room wifi, forcing you to the bar/'restaurant' area to receive the free wifi signal OK.

That public area does include the option, insects aside, of a very pleasant chilling-out area overlooking that river 'pool' whilst sipping something cool - if memory serves, bar prices weren't too bad considering that you are effectively a 'captive' audience...

The same issue is relevant to restaurant dining of course, yet whilst I do not recall the prices being that extortionate I DO remember that it ultimately didn't offer astounding value and certainly entertained the possibility of those indigestion 'issues'....

I wasn't the only person to order a dish which resembled that of spatchcock chicken', except that whilst the poultry tasted of chicken and looked like chicken I am still not sure it WAS chicken, more like a lean/mean 'racing' chicken perhaps rather than a nice plump bird (think 'poussin' as opposed to classic chicken) - it was also rather 'flat', as though it had had an unfortunate encounter with a steam roller or been the victim of a bad experience on the nearby road.....

More importantly, it was not cooked - and mine, again, was not the only one like that. Rather dangerously, it gave the impression of being cooked as it was nicely browned/crispy on the outside BUT, amazingly considering how thin it was, the 'meaty' part was raw - it had clearly only had a passing encounter with cooking heat.....Luckily, I spotted the snag immediately and got it cooked more (adequately, but still not brilliantly well-done) and thankfully suffered no repercussions later on - others were not so lucky in the days to follow and, for me, this establishment firmly has the finger of potential 'blame' pointed at it I'm afraid....

At all times I found the staff to be helpful but the restaurant service was a little slow. Again I have a poor specific memory of breakfast, so it must at least have been adequate if unremarkable.

So, overall I found my stay at the Hotel Nututun Palenque to be quite acceptable but memorable for entirely the wrong reasons. The room was fine, wifi OK and the setting for relaxation very pleasant indeed - unfortunately we didn't get enough time to enjoy the surroundings/facilities properly, aside from that unfortunate evening dining 'experience'....

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank LPWilliams
Reviewed 2 April 2015

This hotel is located next to a beautiful river and set within lots of greenery and expansive gardens. You’d get to hear the sounds of the jungle especially from the howler monkeys. The room was very spacious and reasonably clean but it felt very basic and barely attains its 3 star ratings. The shower area still used the plastic draw curtains and the toiletries provided were at best, very basic. The air conditioning, which was the split unit type, was rather noisy. And it only has an on/off function – temperature and fan speed cannot be controlled. No room safe was provided. Bed comfort and bedsheet quality was average. And the internet wi-fi service was frustratingly bad, especially in the room, as the signal was almost non-existent.

There’s a decent looking swimming pool with an adjacent bar serving limited options of cocktails and other beverages.

It’s a shame that this property, which has such good potentials especially with its beautiful location and natural environment, did not fare too well as a hotel. Just an overnight stay here would have just been about sufficient for us. Palenque National Park is a short 10-15 minute drive away.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends