“Avoid at all costs!!!”

Axkan Arte Hotel Palenque
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Palenque
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and the motel itself is rather nice, it's clean and has a lovely pool as well as an open air bar and restaurant. The food and drinks are well priced. The dampener on this place is the lady working at the front reception desk, on three occasions we asked for assistance and all three time we were turned away or ignored.
1- we asked to use a fridge (there are none in the rooms) for some cheese that we had purchased earlier. The lady at reception said "no" and then picked up her phone completely ignoring us. I am sure there is a fridge because I could see them.
2- It was raining and we asked to borrow an umbrella, once again the same lady at the front desk said "no" and walked into the back room. We could clearly see some red umbrellas so we asked a waiter for an umbrella and he was more then happy to help us out and lend us an umbrella for a short time in the heavy rain.
3- the same lady, different day- we asked for some more coffee ( that comes complementary with the room as we did not receive room service that day) and once agin the receptionist said "no".

To the owner or manager- this staff member need some serious training on how to do her job, she is clearly unable to support guests with their requests and is inadequate in her role.
All other staff were super friendly.

The bright side- the beautiful dogs and lizards that we saw and it's close to town and the ruins.
I will never go back and would not recommend. I have stayed in much better places for much less cost.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights as part of a birding tour of the lowland areas of Chiapas. Rooms are rather basic, but the air conditioning works and the sheets and towels were all clean. We appreciated the availability of a king size bed which was not on offer in other lodgings in this part of Chiapas. Proximity to the Palenque ruins is optimal and the restaurant/bar was good. The pool looked gorgeous but both my husband and I were a little sick (not food related) and did not partake.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2017

Nice setting in the jungle. Very quiet with a good restaurant and bar. Very friendly staff, but hardly any English.. Minutes away from the archeological park and the town. The rooms are bas9ic but very clean. I recommend to take the rooms on the upper floor of the cottages.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Its a beautiful charming place but, WIFI is terrible, just common areas. Beds are so hard, not nice sleeping on them. Food is ok. Service is ok, nothing special. The pool is small, but ok for the amount of rooms in the hotel.

So, its an average beautiful place. For the price is not that bad.

Room Tip: For WIFI, near the restaurant but I read that the sounds of the common areas bother some people.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

This is a nice hotel well located in the forest and surrounded by a nice garden. The food at the restaurant is ok for the price, the staff is nice and there is a beautiful pool BUT I would not recommand this hotel for three reasons: 1) there is absolutly no insonorization between the rooms, I mean NOT AT ALL 2) the numbers on the clim unit are so bright that if you keep it on, its like having a lamp in the room; you have two options: you don't sleep because it is too bright or you don't sleep because you turn it off and it is too hot 3) you are in the forest, there are lots of birds and nice sounds but the staff keeps the volume of the tv in the restaurant at a very hight volume at all time. You can't even relax by the pool because it is right beside it. Because of all this it is not worth the price I paid for my room.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo